500gb or 1tb m2. SSD Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Drew1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    5 Best Disk Encryption Software / Tools - Comparitech

2. Bitlocker

Bitlocker is popular Windows-only software used to encrypt entire volumes using the AES encryption algorithm with a 128- or 256-bit key. Unlike TrueCrypt and VeraCrypt, Bitlocker cannot create encrypted containers. Entire partitions must be encrypted at once.

While this approach works for some people, keep in mind that if you leave your computer logged in and someone else uses it, all of your files will be visible. Windows has a separate encryption system called EFS (encrypted file system) for encrypting single files and folders, but these are also unlocked whenever the user is logged in.

Bitlocker is not open source, which means the public cannot inspect it for backdoors. Due to Microsoft’s friendly relationship with the NSA, this could be a deal-breaker for many. Concerns were also raised when Microsoft removed the Elephant Diffuser–a feature that prevents encrypted disk modification–for performance reasons.

Bitlocker does not have a plausible deniability mechanism, although you could make the argument that the contents of your hard drive were modified because of the missing Elephant Diffuser. That’s a stretch, though.

Nothing is stronger than your weakest link (Logged in or weak passworld). Or You yourself. Click on something that your AV can't catch in real time and be you sure some will infect your computer. Nothing is 100% secure!

2. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Hey yes im aware of all this. But i still will be using bitlocker.

Now for the ssd, you say sk hynix or samsung 970 evo?

3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I think you'll be happy regardless who of them you choose. I have already posted on this answer before http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...sd-recommendation.829941/page-9#post-11047808

"I will continue stay with what I have bought in the past (se above). Reliable, top performance, driver updates and firmware if needed. + ok warranty..." There is no need to spin around this anymore.

Vasudev likes this.