5 cars that look better in-person than on paper/internet & viceversa

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Petrovic, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Awesome when one goes past, they sound amazing!

2. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    They already got rid of a torquey motor. Wranglers have an anemic v6 now.

The diesel was never available in NY thanks to the treehuggers. Apparently good mileage doesn't matter if it's a diesel. As long as it's a diesel, tree huggers won't like it.

They will absolutely love me when I put together an old pickup with a small 4 cyl tractor engine!

3. nizmoz

nizmoz Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    2009-2010 Acura TL

4. Syndrome

Syndrome Torque Matters

Reputations:
    I'll just assume you've never seen one of these then.

[​IMG]

5. millermagic

Reputations:
    Lumina vans were cool, looks like a spaceship!

6. Thaenatos

Thaenatos Zero Cool

Reputations:
    Me too. Im hoping that Fiat will talk sense into Chrysler and show that diesels and not hybrids are the way to go. It seems American and Japanese car makers are hell bent on hybrids while everyone else is going clean diesels.

Currently the v motors jeep is throwing in wranglers is appalling. 202HP and less then 20MPG on the highway. Its too soon to see if these are an attempt to get the same mileage that 4.0l and alot of 3.7l can do in their lifetime. Until I start seeing several pulling over 200k miles without needing work done I'm convinced that it was a bad decision.

Haha yeah they are pretty one sided people it seems. Do they not realized what hybrids leave behind is NOT recyclable and in the long run hybrids leave a larger footprint then most vehicles made. What boggles my mind is how people can bash a engine type that gets the top MPG, is one of the cleanest fuel when burned, fuel sources that are renewable, fully recyclable, and can run of biological type fuels with zero adverse effects to the environment. Kinda seems like treehuggers should love diesels

My mom had one of those that had a horrendous fault, every so often it would die mid driving (loved to do it on turns) few things driving are as scary as you vehicle shutting off on the highway going around a turn. I used to call it the vacuum cleaner.:p

7. millermagic

Reputations:
    You can grow diesel, yeah. Can't grow gasoline ... the gasahol stuff is extremely corrosive. My econ prof was talking about some soft of plant that grows in the desert (how ? ) that is perfect for making biodiesel.

I really wish Diesels weren't ONLY in VWs here. Diesel is nice but with the VW electrical gremlins ... uh no thanks.

8. Petrovic

Petrovic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes they do, but on paper they look soo fat~

9. Azone

Azone Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought it looked pretty cool, actually. :D But the Crosstour is offensive and revolting.

My biggest complaint would be if they spent all the time and money in research and devlopment on an electric powertrain for the Wrangler. It's just pointless when the available powertrain fails to deliver the capabilities of the older motors, and now they decide to make something that doesn't fix anything. And I was sort of hoping that 4.7 I6 from MOPAR would be useable on the JKs, but alas...

And well, based on the history of the 3.8 V6, it does at least seem to be dependable, but I don't know if it's at the same level as the old 4.0.

Well, don't forget Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. ;) Oh, and electrical gremlins have become a thing of the past, at least on the Golf/Jetta. They really improved from MKIV to MKV.

10. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    The Pontiac Trans sport is awesome. I know a guy in Argentina who has a Deutz FL3912 in his. About 60hp, and its that much better. The engine is transverse, so parallel to the wheels. Not too bad either. He reports 28mpg.

K-TRON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.