4K Monitor Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Drew1, Aug 29, 2020.

1. tilleroftheearth

tilleroftheearth Wisdom listens quietly...

Reputations:
    @Drew1 did you see post #17?

2. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Hey. 50' tv 4k i think is way too big. Also you said get 2 of them? How in the world am i suppose look at the screens and I don't even have enough room to put 2 tvs on my desk...

3. tilleroftheearth

Reputations:
    That wasn't the point of the post. :rolleyes:

Did you even click on the link provided?

4. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay so I am going to get a 4k tv/monitor soon as my current setup of 2 monitors of 24' and 1920x1200 resolution... is good but i want something more modern. I been procrastinating this for a very long time.

I think the best option would be a 43' 4k TV. Do you all agree with this? I seen how a 43' 4k tv looks and wow its pretty big... but also... i was looking at how big it is and it seems like i could fit 12 tables easily on the screen.... i might be able to fit 15 tables. And these tables would be a big size.

My current setup, i could get 4 big tables on each monitor so 8 tables total. I could make 6 tables on each monitor to get 12 but the issue is the table is a bit too small for me to look at... as its not comfortable. I know for a fact that I could easily put 12 big tables on a 43' 4k TV as people mentioned on the poker forum that is good enough. Some said you could even put 20 tables on it but tables are much smaller.

Now, can anyone here confirm I need that cable I posted above in order to use a 4k TV? So the cable i have won't work? Someone said it would work though.

My options right now are basically

1. 43' 4k TV

2. 32' 4k Monitor

3. Get 2 27-28' 4k Monitors

Obviously 3rd option is most expensive. And with the 32' monitor, I know i could probably put 9 tables easily big size. But the thing is would using it next to one of my 24' be not good as it look uneven? That way i could get 13 full size tables on 2 monitors. Of course I could get 2 32' 4k monitors and thus easily have 9 tables each so 18 big tables which is more than enough. But that would set me back $365 each or so for $730. Im outside the US now so here electronics are much more expensive than in the US.

It would be foolish to even get a 27' compared to a 32' if the 27' cost like 60 dollars more right?

This is what im looking at for a 43' 4k TV

Samsung 43' 4k - $430 roughly

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B08FBSZ2LX/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1

Samsung 43' 4k - $380

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Samsung-C...+tv&qid=1606578820&s=electronics&sr=1-23&th=1

Hisense 43' 4k - $335

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Hisense-4...k+tv&qid=1606578820&s=electronics&sr=1-7&th=1

Samsung 32' 4k Monitor - $360

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B07G8TLL7Q/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1

LG 27' 4k Monitor - $417
    https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B07PGL2WVS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AVDBXBAVVSXLQ&psc=1

I mean, if I get a 43' 4k tv, I will probably only use it only...i mean i could use one of my 24' monitors as a 2nd monitor... but i dont have enough room in my table for that.

It does seem like 2 monitors are better than 1 monitor if you are web browsing and doing things like that right? It seems like playing online poker, 1 big monitor is good because you don't need to move your neck left and right ... anyone agree with this?

5. tilleroftheearth

Reputations:
    You're making this too hard. Forget 2 baby monitors that are 27" to 32". That isn't an upgrade. They won't give you an advantage for the sizes you can buy to fit on your desk, for your use. If a 24" monitor won't fit 6 tables easily, the 27" will be just as bad. The 32" maybe 'usable', but still not ideal compared to what you have now. 6 / 4 = 1.50 vs. 32 / 24 = 1.33.

Just look at your current setup. To get better, you need a third monitor of the same size. Or a 4K monitor of at least 48". Which will give you 4x 1080P monitors on one screen, each 24" big.

I'm typing this on a 50" nominal (49" actual) TV. I want two of these, but my desk won't be usable if I get another one.

Download MS PowerToys to make the screen do what you want via Fancy Zones. For browsing, I am using almost 2/3's of the monitor. No 'little' monitor can match that. Nor two or three either.

Buy a quality 50" TV or larger if the sales are in your favor today and finish this already. :)

See:
    TV Reviews: Best of 2020 - RTINGS.com

Make sure to pick one that is recommended for PC Monitor usage.

6. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Hi. Well i think with a 27' 4k monitor... 6 tables on it... the size would be more reasonable. Im positive i could easily have 6 tables on each monitor on a 32' 4k monitor. That im 100% sure of. I think i could put 8 full size tables on a 32'. But again, i dont think it would be good idea to use a 32' and 24' side by side as that would look a bit awkward.

On the poker forum, many people said and suggested to use a 40' or 43' 4k tv as a monitor. A lot of them said a 50' is way too big on a desk/table. You don't agree on this? Many said if you want to use a TV as a monitor... don't go over 43'. That seem to be like the cutoff point for many users... remember these are ppl who play poker online. Also wouldn't it be just too big 50? I thought it would be like looking up all the time... which might seem uncomfortable?

Right now, im looking at a 43' 4k tv as my best option... 2nd option would be like 2 monitors of 32' or 27-28' but of course that is more expensive. Also where im located, a 27' and 28' is actually more expensive than a 32'. So you would say if you get a monitor, obviously get the 32' as oppose to 27-28' if its same price right?

7. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay so most likely I will get the 2nd link samsung 43' 4k tv

https://www.amazon.com.mx/Samsung-C...X2Z9/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

I actually have 3 cables

usb c to hdmi cable

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B06Y6448WB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

usb c to display port cable

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J6DT070/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hdmi to hdmi cable

I made a mistake earlier saying i was using the chotech usb c to hdmi cable... as im actually using the cable matters usb c to display port cable with one of my 24' monitor ... and the other is the hdmi cable to hdmi cable. The usb c to hdmi cable... i still have it with me.

So if i get this 43' 4k samsung TV, none of the cables i have would work with the samsung tv right at 60hz? Thus if i use the cables i have, it would be 30hz and thus lag with the mouse movements?

But if i get the samsung 32' 4k monitor... would i still need a new cable?

I want to buy everything online at once so don't want to get the TV... the find out i need another cable then have to wait another week for it.

8. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

Hey there. But would i need to worry about other issues with a TV such as input lag, mouse movement and also sitting really close to the TV though? On the poker forums, most still recommend a monitor over a TV... because well a TV is suppose to be for TV use.

Right now I either am getting a 43' 4k tv... or a 32' 4k monitor... price is roughly the same. Now if i get a 43' 4k tv, i think i would only use the tv and not use my 24' monitor because i dont have enough space on my desk for it. My desk is basically 4 feet wide total only. I put my 2 monitors on it and my laptop etc.

Now if i get a 32' 4k monitor, well i would be also using one of my 24' monitors along side it.

Also I thought this. With using a 43' 4k tv... when i do things like web browsing and everything else... isn't it going to look weird though and not comfortable as oppose to a monitor? I feel like it wouldn't look as good as a monitor.

Do you get eye strain when using a big tv as a monitor? I also sit pretty close to my two 24' monitors. Im less than 2 feet from it. So with a 43' TV, I think i would be sitting at around 2.5 feet to at most 3 feet from it. So would using it be a bit awkward?

Right now im kinda leaning toward just getting a 32' 4k monitor and using it with one of my 24' 1920x1200 monitors. Do you agree/disagree with this?

I will say... if i could get two 32' 4k monitors and use them side by side, that would be probably the ideal situation. But I also don't want to spend that much money on it.

9. tilleroftheearth

Reputations:
    TV, monitor, both are made to be looked at. Have you ever spent one minute on TV Reviews: Best of 2020 - RTINGS.com?

Go and read there what you need to know. We're just repeating ourselves here over and over for you. ;)

10. Drew1

Drew1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:

I took a look at that. But the issue is I'm not in the US... so they don't have the exact models where I'm located...

But isn't web browsing and other things might be a bit weird while looking at a TV as oppose to a monitor?