4K IPS touch screen with GTX 1060 or higher under $2500.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Detacho, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detacho

Detacho Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I love this idea. I can have the OLED panel and use external GPU in the future. Amazing suggestion. Why can't I seem to find this laptop listed as an option on HidEVolution?

I love the touch screen :D but I know what you mean. Not that many options now. I do like the Alienware OLED option a lot. Allows me to keep that form factor and use external GPU whenever 1060 gets slower.

Gigabyte Aero 15x: Crazy size for that power. @Galm said Gigabyte laptops have firmware issues and many users seem to be talking about it on the owner thread.

I do like the Alienware 15 option. GTX 1080 Max Q you say? That's insane and that's the resolution I was looking for too.

2. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    I am not sure why it is not on their site anymore. You might consider emailing HIDEvolution to ask if they can still get one. You could order it directly from Dell, but you must be willing (and able) to take it apart and do a repaste and repad. There is always a chance you can get a good one from the factory (this chance is probably higher than it was two years ago when it was first released).

Also, sadly the 13R3 is the only model that still can do Optimus mode, and therefore will get better battery life than the 15R4 or 17R5. I would go for the 1070 instead of the 1080 MaxQ, the cost is likely not worth the extra price, and the i9-8950HK will absolutely require a repaste to even run at the clock speeds of the i7-8750H.

Spartan likes this.
  3. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I think if he emails donald@hidevolution.com he might be able to sort him out

4. BrightSmith

BrightSmith Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Portability?
    Screen size?
    Gaming?

Some more info would be appreciated.

5. Blacky

Blacky Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I tried to use my website to find the laptops that match your description and this is all I could find: noteb search results.

The best of them all is the Razer Blade, but as @Galm said, Razer seems to have some poor QC and really bad customer support.

I think the Surface Book is more in line with what you want since it has a nice design and is really portable, but the Alienware 13 will give you better gaming performance, plus, it has that beautiful OLED display.
    I would recommend the Surface Book 2 with the GTX 1060.

You can see and change the search parameters using the "Refine results" button in the upper-left part of the search results page. You can also click on the laptops for more information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.