4GHz+ Overclock i7 4xxxxmq/h to i7 extreme conversion Intel Haswell CPU Microcode bug hack

Discussion in 'Notebook Dummy Guide Articles' started by tpro, Apr 3, 2016.

1. tpro

tpro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That would be interesting altho there is no room for thermals :p (wait did u just say that u live in the north pole? XD)
    I think it would be better to desolder the memory containing the bios and play with (also i believe there are two electronic controllers on it, donno much about surface), as i think the bios is encrypted and needs to match hardware key for onboard flash, not to mention the possibility of reflashing bios after brick :p

I'm currently working on microcode enforcer mod using refind uefi bootloader, needs fast boot bios support, patch applies after power cycle tho for some reason it is locking out on most systems, ill post it here when its almost functional.

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:

I don't think I can disassemble it lol

3. tpro

tpro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :)

That would be challenging. :)

:)

4. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 LHz

Reputations:
    can your magic overcome the challenge lol?

5. villahed94

villahed94 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @MiSJAH You can use microcode 01 or 02. The way to patch them without breaking things is to check the length of the current, newer microcode and insert the older one with padding.
    I.E If Microcode 1A has a length of 5200h, 02 has a length of 3200h I think. Then you add 2000h padding at the end.
    Tha's how I made the older microcodes work on my Y50.

6. TheReciever

TheReciever Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Waiting for my tape to arrive and ill give this mod a shot. Once tape is here ill be using some Grizzly-C liquid metal and pray its enough to manage the temps before throttle point. 755m will be disabled so should be interesting...