3rd Gen Yoga X1 available: No wwan configs?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by J.Nerdy, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    Doubt it, the Yoga's chassis is small enough as it is to contain 8th gen ULV, not sure how it would cope with a higher tdp or different board design requirements for Vega.

2. Gofishus

Gofishus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That makes sense, my X1 Yoga is definitely not one of my longer lasting laptops, I think I get like 4-5 hours max with it at full brightness. OLED not very power efficient for laptops (maybe this explains why every other maker aside from Alienware/X1 Yoga don't use OLED)

3. ave1024

ave1024 Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought one of the pre-config models with OLED. In my possession, testing it. Any way to purchase the parts for WWAN and install on my own? Anybody have a link where i can buy it? I am doing battery testing on the 3rd gen Yoga now and comparing with my 2nd gen with no OLED. OLED definitely drains the battery. Screen is nicer though, much more vibrant colors.

4. ibmthink

ibmthink Notebookcheck Deity

Reputations:
    The X1 Yoga Gen 3 isn't available with OLED.

5. ave1024

ave1024 Newbie

Reputations:
    Sorry meant to say i have the Dolby Vision version, whichever the better model screen is.

6. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You won't see the Dolby Vision screen advantage now even with HDR videos because HDR is not yet enabled on this model yet. It will be later enabled via a Software Update as mentioned on the Lenovo website. I bought also the one with the HDR screen.