3820TG Owner's Lounge - Part Two

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Bronsky, Mar 13, 2011.

1. dmarvp

dmarvp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I´m trying with those same drivers on a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro but I can´t get the brightness control to work and, it seems that the GPUs are now used on a per application basis? Is that how it should be? Is there a special step I should know about to get the brightness to work? Thanks!

2. lucfig

lucfig Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys.

Could you please indicate the steps you followed in order to get both GPUs working? I'm following the manual, but can't make them both work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

3. Crogge

Crogge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used this driver with Windows 10 17xx Builds, I can't tell how they work on 18xx due to the new "Dual GPU per App Features".

You might be able to get GPU driver related help on http://leshcatlabs.net/forums/ there are also detailed instructions how to install it.

I remember that it was important to run DDU before the install and I had to make sure that Windows won't install its own drivers by cutting the internet connection
    (You could also disable automatic driver install instead).

4. acer_3820tg

acer_3820tg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello.

I was a happy owner of a 3820TG until yesterday. In the BIOS i changed Graphic Settings from switchable to discrete and now i am getting the black screen of death. System starts immediately with a black screen.
    I found an old thread with the problem and followed all the steps: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/3820tg-discrete-graphics-failure.648013/

When i try to enter BIOS i get the BEEP sound and so i tried several attemps to reverse the setting "into the blind" without joy.
    I tried to reset the BIOS by bridging the two contacts under the keyboard with a paperclip and then powering the system while holding the clip in position with no joy.
    I removed the CMOS battery for several hours with no joy.
    I plugged an external display on VGA and HDMI ports with no joy.

Any ideas how to fix this?

If this thread is not meant for problems of this kind please give me a note and i will open up a separate one. I could not hang onto the old thread linked above, i think it got closed.

5. acer_3820tg

acer_3820tg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all.

Just to give you feedback. I managed to flash the BIOS with the CRISIS tool and a USB stick. BIOS 1.17 is back in place and everything is working fine again. I will keep the Graphic Settings on "switchable" and i am (again) a happy 3820 TG owner. Still a great notebook with plenty of power for everyday work and browsing.

Greetings

downloads likes this.