3820TG Owner's Lounge - Part Two

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Bronsky, Mar 13, 2011.

1. zZarZiLLoSs

zZarZiLLoSs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    too456

Thank you very much for the help, the problem is that I cannot find Windows XP drivers ATI discrete mode for my card ATI Mobility Radeon ™ HD 5470.
    I have clear Windows XPno can manage this way Swichable but the contro panel gives me error of this chart.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    I have W7 Pro on my Acer running Virtual Machine in XP mode for all work I need to do in XP (half my office is still on XP). My ATI GPU works fine in XP mode.

3. PePe93

PePe93 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi again!
    I have some trouble with my screen. When I'm moving it on Intel the screen is breaking display what is really terrible. It is just interrupting on some positions of screen. On ATI I have only green crashes on some positions. I think that is technical issue but does anybody meet this problem?

4. too456

too456 Resident Angry Bird

Reputations:
    There are no mobility drivers for Windows XP. Only desktop drivers are available :(

5. Maurik

Maurik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    BookArc Stand - BookArc Stand - Twelve South

Has anybody used something like the BookArc with their 3820TG and connected it to an external display?

I'd love to use this for when my laptop is on my desk, so I don't have to squint at the small 13.3" display...

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    I just leave the Acer flat and plug in a full size keyboard and 24" IPS LG display.

7. Maurik

Maurik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nice. My IPS is coming next week (this one). Going to try the BookArc this weekend with my 20" Display.

I'm hoping for some positive results in terms of temperature, plus I'm quite tight for space on my desk so the flat isn't really an option.

What are you doing in terms of sound? Through HDMI and built-in speakers?

8. Cleonard

Cleonard Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just a quick note to alert you that voting for the NBR Amazing Content Contest comes to a close on February 17th! Also, we added an additional prize for the thread that comes in 2nd place in the member voting, so get out and vote for this thread! Rally your supporters and storm the voting both while there's still time!

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The Pannisonic Toughbook thread users are burning up the contest. I think we need more of a showing from Acer users.:D

10. Ptolemy

Ptolemy Newbie

Reputations:
    My 3820TG just died this morning. Yesterday everything worked just fine, but when I tried to start the acer this morning nothing happend (charged battery inserted).
    Since I bought the laptop I replaced the RAM ( one acer DIMM died after 2 months ;) ) and the hdd with a ssd.
    Does anyone know if i can rma it without the ssd and without hdd because the original hdd is occupied elsewere?