3820TG Owner's Lounge - Part Two

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Bronsky, Mar 13, 2011.

1. kubco2

kubco2 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    someone finds solution for always dirty keyboard? Is on ebay some compatible keyboard with another design? problem is that mess is under buttons :(

2. maikvalberg

maikvalberg Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    funny guys here :D remove all the buttons and then clean it.

3. jimmydeanjr

jimmydeanjr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I guess I'll just keep trying until I get some improvements. Although, I think I may have screwed up something putting it back together. The led on the power button doesnt work anymore. The button works, but not the led. Hope I didn't sever a wire or something taking it apart.

How do you remove the buttons? Just pull them out?

On a side note, I've been playing CoD MW3. This laptop handles the game with everything maxed out, but zero AA. Game looks amazing on the little screen. Some scenes like world war 3 taking place in NYC Harbor just leave you in awe. The 3820tg continues to impress me the more I use it.

4. Just_a_Nick

Just_a_Nick Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Use wet cotton batting on the front of a knife to clean between the keys.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    It is an amazing little notebook. Even with HDMI run through my 1080p LG 75 hz IPS display, the Acer does not skip a beat running MW3.

6. Laserion

Laserion Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No :(

This should not be that hard. It's always so with computers, sooner or later you'll be happy just having it back the way it was before you decided to fix the "problem" lol.

Any ideas on what to do next?

7. too456

too456 Resident Angry Bird

Reputations:
    Well that's a bummer. I would uninstall CCC and the Intel driver, restart, go to device manager and uninstall both the dedicated and integrated graphics, restart and just install Acer's stock drivers. This should ensure you start over on a clean slate, barring running any cleanup utilities of some sort.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    Dual fan/heat sink cooling reappears.

[​IMG]

I still think Acer engineers had the more elegant solution but this P330 looks like a monster. With dual cooling design, Throttling should be a non-issue. Still waiting to see. Still don't think I'll be getting rid of my Acer anytime soon.

9. duykhang

duykhang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys, recently I plugged my 3820tg to an hdmi monitor and lost the hdmi audio driver... In control panel/sound I can't see the hdmi audio. When I try to install the hdmi audio driver it's saying No driver is supported in the driver package. Took it on the realtek page R2.64. I tried with a previous version no sucess. Currently running stock acer switchable drivers with 11.10 installed on top...

10. Maurik

Maurik Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Don't!

I did this, the knife went through the cotton and scratched the paint off the keyboard backplate. Not like I even use a sharp knife, just a letter opener.

You should use a can of compressed air and blow out the dirt.