3820TG Owner's Lounge - Part Two

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Bronsky, Mar 13, 2011.

1. boostjunkie92

boostjunkie92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    ok thanks, where can i still buy the 6550 model?

2. Sxooter

Sxooter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think all the new 3820TGs are now gone, off the shelves. So it'd be used, like ebay etc now.

3. boostjunkie92

boostjunkie92 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yea if i were so lucky...maybe ill just go 3830...dam i really wanted the dual cooling so i could OC

4. raulilha

raulilha Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    In fact no... at Newegg Business they had plenty in stock. A guy who works to Newegg logistics said it was Western Digital asking Newegg to clean the stock. They did this in the scheduled daily deals, and there was a hot discussion at SlickDeals about it hours before. Many people there have bought 3 units, many people had a distraction and got frustrated. I bought only one... already in my cart with a $10 off coupon I confirmed the order at 1:00:28 EST. Two minutes later people were not able to complete. I ended up paying $189 for a 256GB SSD.

It was one of the best deals ever to me. I don't even know what to do with the Corsair Force 115GB i've bought for $131 some days ago.

5. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That drive is slower than Intel G1... I would keep the Force...

6. _InKr_

_InKr_ Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Actually, it uses JMicron612 controller, so it slower than almost anything ;).

7. zsero

zsero Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It is an 5400 RPM SSD... :)

8. JLebowski

JLebowski Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think that's actually backwards. Unless I have it wrong!

Most 1333 DDR3 SODIMM's are CAS 9 at stock. Most 1066 SODIMM's are CAS 7 at stock. I think there's a HyperX module that Kingston makes that is 1333 CAS 7 at stock but I can't remember.

Of course that's all at stock values.

Using something like Thaiphoon there's are often room for change and improvement but that is strictly YMMV! :)

9. too456

too456 Resident Angry Bird

Reputations:
    1333 ram runs at cas 9 @ 1333, but cas 7 @ 1066, so if you are not using an i7 you should be getting cas 7 @ 1066.

10. beast1944

beast1944 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Good Evening Lads,

So I recently installed the 11.6 drivers hoping that some of the problems I was having in 11.3 and stock would be gone, but they still remain. One Very Annoying problem in particular is with wrong lighting or textures. To best sum things up you should take a look at the following pictures:

(Dark Void - Weird Black triangles when shooting)
    http://oi51.tinypic.com/2lxguc8.jpg

(Fable 3 - Grass messed up, and during gameplay you sometimes get these weird textures that fill up most of the screen)
    http://oi52.tinypic.com/211mmnc.jpg

I first thought that something was wrong with the drivers but considering that I often get a "The display driver has stopped working and has recovered" and sometimes the laptop freezes completely, and all of this on normal clock, so NO overclocking. Could it be a faulty GPU ??? And how would I check this ???