32M Becomes First-Ever Company to Implant Micro-Chips in Employees

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. AMK, Jul 25, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I should also point out that I always check for reputable sources when I find something on a "fringe" site, rather than quoting the first site I find a topic, like that one from thehackernews.com :)

NPR also carried the story a day later...

Wisconsin Company Offers To Implant Chips In Its Employees
    July 25, 20172:06 PM ET
    MERRIT KENNEDY
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ns-to-start-implanting-chips-in-its-employees

I have nothing against fringe sites, the most amusing theories are often started there first, but eventually as it proves to be "real" the mainstream sites carry it as well, sometimes better researched as well.

I have found that there are a lot of people afraid of going to "fringe" sites - like it reflects badly on the people that do so - and so it's better to link "tame" sites that carry the same useful info. :cool:

Jarhead likes this.
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    Eh, like you or anyone else can depend on politicians actually doing anything.

It’s just a bit amusing since this all sort of reminds me of the whole Red Cross implanting chips in donors story :)

As for fringe sites like a InfoWars, the issue is that investigative journalism isn’t really their strong point. Catering to a frantic audience and drumming up whatever narrative they follow are the main drivers for their articles. InfoWars and nutty right wingers, NaturalNews and the anti-vax crowd, Occupy Democrats and nutty left wingers, etc.

Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  3. hmscott

Reputations:
    Where did you hear that story? Link? I couldn't find it immediately via search...

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    More of a conspiracy theory than an actual story, but I remember hearing about how supposedly blood donation centers were secretly implanting chips into donors for mind control, tracking, and the other typical bonkers stuff.

Seems the idea is still “popular” though; while I couldn’t find a link about blood donations, I did find one about vaccines: http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...nation-program-Simon-Parkes-conspiracy-theory

5. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Spreading awareness among people is required, and conspirators on humanity and their destiny are working day and night to reach their goals, and can not be stopped except by God. They have the power to force what they wants, and anyone will talk about rights of citizens and enacting laws to protect them will be in the same fate of president Kennedy.
    We are watching so many movies dealing with those chips with different scenarios, to make us feel it's normal over the time.
    My English is not good enough to to elaborate.
    EDIT: Why Bitcoin,,,etc and Blockchain are booming those days.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I was talking about, I've been hearing about such nonsense for 40+ years, and it's still "coming around the corner".

Same for the "End of the World" doom-sayers.

Anything to get people's attention, so they can find a way to open your wallet and extract "assistance for the cause".

It's a scam as old as religion, witch doctors, and doom-sayers. All one and the same Booga Booga.

Booga Booga!! - "...Each religion has its own very special Booga Booga."

"This religion has better Booga Booga than that religion."

"The thing that differentiates this religion from that religion is its Booga Booga. "

The "Booga Booga" is the whole mess that befuddles most people and screws up their common sense thinking, and before they know it they are trapped within the "Booga Booga", no longer a free individual.

The "Booga Booga" works to pull out the social supports of sane society and replace common sense with what they can make you believe, and control, so they can "own" you and whatever you can do for them.

I'm not much of a joiner, for those very real dangers. :)

Jarhead likes this.
  7. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Reputations:
    Look around... (e) e-Government, e-Business, e-Transactions, e-ticket, e-Currency, e-banking, e-Health, (smart) smartphone, smart TV, smart home, smart buildings, smart cars, Big data, Open data, Artificial Intelligence, name it, they have a long term strategy using media and technologies to convince people about all that beauty in our life must be communicate and integrate with our body to be efficient and to get the maximum advantages.

10. Jarhead

Jarhead Systematic Love

Reputations:
    None of those things necessitates an implanted chip though, and as far as health goes (insofar as my experience at an insurance company goes) the most that’s going on is the encouragement of wearing fitbits, etc (a la the Progressive car insurance module for your car).

Most of what you describe is mainly driven by the Cloud(tm) and the gamification of data collection (Fitbit being a good example here).

It’s a hell of a hard sell to convince someone that a medical procedure is easier to deal with than, say, a smartphone app.

Dr. AMK likes this.