3 laptops but not sure which one to choose.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by craison, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craison

craison Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh man, I really wish you got back to me 24 hours ago because there was a really good deal on the below laptop and I ended up buying it for a similar price to the £660 8300h one thinking that the one you recommended would never get fixed:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/156...4-256gb-m2-sata-ssdplus2tb-hdd-3gb-gtx-1060-u

The one I bought seems more like a high end type laptop than the 8300h one which seemed more mid range. It also comes with an ips display and a 2 year warranty rather than a 1 year one.

I think I might have time to get a refund, do you think I should return this one and order the one you recommend initially?

Raphandryu likes this.
  2. Raphandryu

Raphandryu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My apologies for not replying quick. I had a lot of work lately. But it seems good that I didn't reply yesterday.
    It's good that you get that one. No need to return it. Although, there is a noticeable difference between the performance of i5-7300HQ and i5-8300H but that's not just one single thing that matters when choosing a laptop. You got a better build quality, better port selection, better display, faster storage, better sound quality, good GPU as well as better keyboard and trackpad. So overall, you have a much better user experience in similar price and that's what most important here now then just the better cpu.
    I recently (about an hour or so) recommended to go for the same deal in one of the posts.

3. craison

craison Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No worries, there is nothing you need to apologise for : )

When you first replied today I was like 'oh no' but now your reply has made me feel better about my purchase.

Thanks again!

4. Raphandryu

Raphandryu Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.