2x Alienware M18X R2

Discussion in 'Notebooks and Desktops for Sale' started by razor0601, Oct 29, 2021.

1. razor0601

razor0601 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    2x Alienware M18X R2

Price: SOLD

Condition: Used

Warranty: None

Reason for sale: No need anymore

Payment: PayPal

Item location: Germany

Shipping: DHL
    International shipping: Yes

Specifications: I have two Alienware M18X R2 for sale.
    First one is in good condition and has an M4000m 4gb with OC-VBios. It’s like a 980m. Comes with 16GB RAM, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 1TB HDD, I7-3820qm, 240w AC Adapter, Blueray/DVD Combo, 18,4“ FullHD and Battery US also good. Has a QWERTZ Keyboard but I have a spare QWERTY Keyboard if it’s needed.

990Dollar or best offer

Second one is almost the same expect it has I7-3630qm, GTX 870m 6GB and has some scratches on the display cover and case.

890Dollar or best offer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics via pm if you want.

Generated by NBR BST Form Wizard

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  2. maxslo

maxslo undefined

Reputations:
    Cool, i'm glad to see other people still collecting these ^^

I've been selling quite a few of these (probably around 15-20) in the past 6 years and i'll say the following:
    I've had 0 luck selling them on on NBR lately, seems like there is not enough interest here anymore... the last one that sold on the forum was in july 2018 xD
    I highly doubt you will make a sale here, and even less that it will be close to asking price :/

For example, the last one i've sold this year had:
    i7 3920XM, 16GB DDR3, 2x256GB SSD + 500GB, Quadro M4000M 4GB, Like new condition and battery... well after a couple of months of waiting and occasional price drops it ended up selling for 720€ (which after crapBay fees was only like 640€)

I think realistically you can expect around 200€ less if you want actually sell them. (I'm not making an offer to be clear :D... just letting you know so you won't be surprised later).
    You can always try to sell them at this price tho, you might get lucky and just the right buyer comes along that will appreciate them fro what they are, unfortunately i've not had such luck in the past :S.

Anyway good luck with the sale, may the right buyer see them :vbthumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  3. razor0601

razor0601 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I sold in the last 2 years many M18X R2 and Alienware 18. And I can say no Alienware goes out under 800Euro.

4. maxslo

maxslo undefined

Reputations:
    No hard feelings, i just said what my experience was :)

From what I see, the issue is that only people that want them (either because they collect or because they had a life long fantasy of owning one) will buy them.
    From a performance perspective, you can get a more powerfull new laptop for the same price.
    That new laptop comes with warranty and newer stuff like nVME, DDR4, 75-300Hz displays, so getting an old one doesnt make much sense.
    At around 800€ new you are looking at a 4800H + 1650 Ti both of which which are superior to most of what you can put in the M18x R2 (with exception of very costly upgrades like the P4000/P5000/...

That and the prices of faulty ones being jacked up by who knows what, have driven me away. I don't deal with these machines anymore, there is no profit to be made and my time is better spent elsewhere xD
    I also save on my nerves, as some are previously handled by people who don't know what they are doing and you get broken plastics, stripped screws, scratched or even chipped die and so on... too much to deal with for me.