$2500 budget, what's the most powerful?!

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Silverusaf99, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Silverusaf99

Silverusaf99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i was going to get an alienware m17r3 with the 2070 super and whatever processor, coming in at $2450, but i didn;t get g.i. bill approval at the time...
    --
    so i'm starting college and want the most powerful/futureproof/upgradable (ie alienware has the port/most m17r.x can go upgrade to 4k screen aftermarket/3d party)
    --
    i used to have a clevo, and read that alienware was goingto go with interchangable MXM? but this was about 2 years ago, and i looked at some thinkpads, the p73 i think, looked amazing with all the memory upgrades up to 256gb? but still on the quaddro gpu that the 2070 super from the alienware gave 177 in points and the fastest quaddro was only 55 (i think 3dmark). and I've gifted my mom with the alienware m17 r2...it's sleek, and amanzing, she got the 1660ti, no need for +$800 rtx, she does civ games...
    --
    So I'd like to know, should i wait for the next alienware sale, and just clickity click throught it's upgades on more than likely a m17r3 2070 super? or is there a more powerful tank/panther?
    --
    my wish is a 3070 m17r3. same form factor etc, b/c i love what it is...trackpad, omg...but I think i want a MXM port, so...what do you ppl sugest...i'm on a dell g7 7790 2060 now...

2. Silverusaf99

Silverusaf99 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    An Alienware Area-51M from the Dell Outlet would probably give you the most absolute performance for the money; it has a desktop CPU and full-power i.e. non-Max-Q graphics. See our guide to outlet shopping.

If you fill out our FAQ we could give you more specific/targeted advice.

Charles

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. whip_it

whip_it Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What is the exact processor name?

5. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Lead Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Alienware's product pages list the available CPUs for that model, several CPUs are available.

Charles