~25% off the cart at Dell

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ricky_S, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ricky_S

Ricky_S Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Hey Guys Sorry I forgot to mention that I had looked over that thread prior to making this thread. It is a great read, but the reason I'm so concerned is because the final amount is $5K+ So even applying the discount of 25% would result with around $1,250 off.

Now I don't know if this is a huge amount to shave off for dell reps. So that is why I created this thread, to get some tips from people who have had success getting this type of discounts.

The thread that you guys are referring to is full of very good information, but the average price that people are trying to get discount off of is around $1K in that thread (+/- couple hundred bucks), which means applying a 25% discount to that price would only shave off $250, which I don't think is a big amount.

2. Cin'

Cin' Anathema

Reputations:
    Ok..:)

You will be very lucky to get 25% off.

I have EPP...I get my 7% + 4% DPA discount. I always get overnight shipping.

Now, if I found something on Dell's home site..and it was 25% off (with coupon code). They would prolly, match it that way...they have done that before ~ the max was 15%, though.

Your spending $5K..The best thing would be to speak with a Rep...State you are ready to purchase, and what is the max' discount you can get based on your *high $$ purchase*.

Cin.

3. JWest

JWest Master of Notebookery

Reputations:
    25% is a long shot, but it never hurts to ask. Like everyone else said, the worst thing they could say is no. I always try to haggle when possible, you never know who you might get.

I got $70 off a Wacom Intuos3 at Best Buy after having them price check with Costco's website. Not only do they not price check websites, they're not supposed to price check with Costco either, but the guy I talked to was very nice and helped me out.

So yeah, it never hurts to give it a shot ;)

4. Gauthijm

Gauthijm Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Here's a question

I go to dell site and get 0% discount

it's full price for me on dell.ca website

1- how do I get 7% , 8.5% or anything off ?

Is not the EPP for employees of dell, I am not an employee

I want this laptop but I am not paying full pop for it; the box I want is approximately 3100 CDN, for the alienware m17x

Help!
    Jean

5. SteelersWorship

SteelersWorship Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tagging and a very smart thread. I may need these tips in a month or two.

6. jshadoww

jshadoww Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Its not employees of dell, its employees of companies/students of universities that participate in the program. Best bet would be checking with your employer (especially if they use dell computers)

7. sleey0

sleey0 R.I.P. AW Side Topics

Reputations:
    A good tactic you can use also:

After you recieve the system, call about a week or a few days later and explain that you want to return the system.

When they ask why just say that you are having money troubles atm and can't afford it.

I did this with my original XPS Gen2 and got $500 back:D

8. Fragilexx

Fragilexx Get'cha head in the game

Reputations:
    I have a discount with my company, and if I buy something I can apply my own discount of 50% and a code a customer would have and it is additive to the overall % discount rather than a discount on the new total.

So it depends on how the discount is setup at the suppliers end. However, for the most part (probably over 95% of the time) you would be correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.