2021 Lenovo Legion 7

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by accar, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Your stance.

1. send it back and make them redo the screen.

2. content creators that also game shouldn't exist.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. accar

accar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    It's gonna have Ryzen 9 5900hx
    RTX 3080 16gb 165 Watt!
    2 Nvme drives
    and then,

sRBG screen.....

what the ****.

asus rog 2k has a dci-p3 screen but only a 130 watt 3080.
    other lenovos that are cheaper get 4k screens with 100% Adobe RBG.

2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Not sure what it is that you are trying to convey

Are you complaining about actually getting the performance potential from a 3080?

Or is it because you feel it's at the cost of the screen?

Not sure if things have changed but panel lottery has been around for a while,
    if it's not to spec then of course return it but ultimately not sure about the posts message

3. accar

accar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I put the exclamation on the gpu cause it's awesome. But we interact with the computer through the screen. If EVERYTHING else is top of the line, why why why skimp on the screen? I need to be able to do content creation on the go, so I cant lug around an external monitor. I need the power this laptop provides, but I need to be able to view it the way it was meant to be viewed. Currently, nobody can do that. Not one single notebook gives you the power AND the screen. ASUS rog has a dci-p3 screen and a weak 3080, alienware gives you crappy cpu and screen, gigabyte gives a good screen i believe, but crappy processor. MSI crappy processor. I don't want an old high energy usage slow intel chip when these awesome AMDs are out. But it is 100% through the models either you get a screen, or power, not both.

Even the old MSI Creator had an 1100 nit DCI-P3 4k at 120hz but intel i7 and 2080.

4. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What a weird poll.
    If it’s anything like last gens 500 nit HDR screen will be more than capable for content creation.
    You are getting hysterical for nothing

5. accar

accar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    except the new 2k is only 400 nits (edit, is 500 which is good), and sRBG is a 25 year old standard. The minimum should be adobe RBG, and even that is not optimal for content creation. I'm not making youtube videos. I'm making films on the go. And creator laptops might have the screen, but don't have the power. There is not a single laptop that has both. And it wouldn't cost them or us much more to throw a halfway decent panel on these powerful beasts.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  6. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    “Gamers are spending more time in front of screens. They’re leveling up and want a premium gaming experience with modern design—and we’re here to deliver. Meet the new flagship Lenovo Legion 7 laptop offered with a taller 16-inch screen, 100 percent sRGB color gamut, and new 16:10 aspect ratio for 11 percent more screen real estate to improve your field of view in-game so you never miss a shot.”

“This made way for the next generation of gaming display technology with millions more pixels than before on a new near-edgeless 16-inch QHD display (2560 x 1600), a serious upgrade over the previous gen’s 15-inch Full HD panel offered. With ultra-high pixel density and a 90 percent screen-to-body ratio, this IPS display offers optional VESA® DisplayHDR™ 400 certification, up to 500 nits of brightness and a 165Hz refresh rate for buttery smooth gaming. For an incredible viewing experience and color accuracy, the Lenovo Legion 7 laptop supports Dolby Vision® which will bring your favorite entertainment to life with stunning picture quality. Combined with NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ your picture quality will look spectacular, plus low blue light and flicker-free Eye Care technology helps to reduce eye strain during long battle sessions. The Lenovo Legion 7 laptop is first to be certified as a High Gaming Performance Display with low blue light by TÜV Rheinland.10”

https://news.lenovo.com/pressroom/p...-goes-all-out-new-futuristic-gaming-machines/

It has a 100% sRGB color gamut and HDR 400 certified screen at 500 nits.
    I wouldn’t exactly call this “skimping on the screen”
    Should be fine if you need a better screen just get the external monitor that you like .
    This is a gaming laptop first and whatever else you want it to be second.

7. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Could you have quoted the wrong part of the summarized specification?
    Singapore's Lenovo had been takong preorders thru online sales platform and the only number 165 i saw is on their screen specs....
    https://shopee.sg/2021-LEGION-7-82N...80(16GB)-32GB-RAM-3Yrs-i.241017226.8224365463

8. accar

accar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Like I said, I need it to go too, otherwise I should just get a desktop. These are branded as gaming laptops, yes, but they are also the content creation machines that most content creators use too because they need the horsepower. And 100% sRBG is nothing to brag about and they should be ashamed to do so.
    Heres an article from MSI even: https://www.msi.com/blog/why-dci-p3-is-the-new-standard-of-color-gamut
    Heres an article about gaming with DCI-P3: https://www.benq.com/en-us/knowledge-center/knowledge/is-dci-p3-better-than-srgb-for-gaming.html

Theres no point to defending them with a color profile from the 90s when the internet still barely existed and full 3D games had just been invented. There is no bragging about the lowest tier of display hdr, it is the absolute budget entry into hdr, but you'll purchase the most premium machine, premium in every way, except for the output... its great that the computer gets to enjoy its components, what are your eyes enjoying?

9. accar

accar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I believe the 165 I quoted was for 150 watts + 15 watts boost for the 3080. That is the maximum power the 3080 mobile is capable of.

10. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Deity

Reputations: