2020 Razer Stealth 13” 1650ti MQ

Discussion in 'Razer' started by IKAS V, May 19, 2020.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Ryzen 4000 mobile beats Intel in every measurable productivity category while getting better battery life. That being said, Tiger Lake is shaping up to be a pretty decent processor if you're OK with a maximum of four cores. The new Xe integrated GPU in Core i7 versions is delivering performance about on-par with the GeForce MX350, so it's capable of light gaming.

I'm not entirely happy with this Blade Stealth so I'm probably going to abandon gaming laptops all together. I ordered one of the new Tiger Lake HP Spectre x360s since Best Buy had it for $400 off (the sale has since ended). I like the design and 3:2 aspect ratio screen.

2. ronaldheld

ronaldheld Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My requirement for traveling is as light as possible. The G14 is better but what about 15's? If there is a better 13" I will consider it.

3. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    Any benefits in buying from Razer, vs Amazon?

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Get 120Hz one it’s nice panel brighter than 60 and nice for editing according some reviewer. 4K isn’t good on 13 or maybe even 15 one, 1080p with great panel is good, i have Blade 15 1080p with good lg panel and it’s enough to compete my 4K 27 in term media consumption etc to me. Plus you’ll get some advantage with the battery life on 1080p one.
    Amazon for better CS and return policy, with Razer you’ll have only 14 days return policy and when something goes wrong you have to do this and that unlike on Amazon.
    Intel is weak now but they still have TB3 for expanding gpu performance, I’m using 3070 on stealth 2019, it’s nice 500 buck upgrade, well I’ve egpu enclosure since 2017 though. And yes g14 extra weight is noticeable over stealth, I checked that on store.

5. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice. I will have to monitor Amazon and see if there is a price drop from $1799 before 2021 starts.

6. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Never buy from Razer directly. If you must have a Blade, get it from a retailer where you can purchase a separate extended warranty. Best Buy and the Microsoft store would be the two best places, but Amazon or B&H Photo/Video are viable alternatives.

ronaldheld likes this.
  7. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    Wish I knew that when I bought their tablet, years ago. How many years is recommended?

8. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    As long as you can afford and/or however long you intend to keep the device.

9. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    I ask because I never had more than the one from the manufacturer. Cannot remember having any problems in all the years I have had laptops. Maybe keep it for 2-3 years, depending on how well it works for me.

10. ronaldheld

Reputations:
    finally decided yo order one. After it arrives, what should I consider doing, short of the usual Windows setup?