2020 Blade Advanced Bricked bios - desperate for help.

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Dwadd, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Dwadd

Dwadd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thankyou - it makes sense, but before I jump back in I'm going to try and find a suitable SOIC clip that doesn't need to be held in place during the read/write process. It just kept jumping off - i know the bios chip is quite close to the board but is there a recommended brand of clip?

2. FordMas

FordMas Newbie

Reputations:
    @wireproof any chance you could hook me up with the stock or modded version of your BIOS? I have your same model and its bricked from a *factory* BIOS update and I'm trying to find an intact BIOS in case mine is corrupt or incomplete once my programmer arrives.

wireproof likes this.
  3. wireproof

wireproof Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I think I replied on another post from you, but in case anyone else needs it here’s a GDrive link to my stock and modified BIOS (all dumped from CH341a)

Model number is RZ09-03304E42-R3U1
    2020 RB15 Advanced i7 10875H 2070S MaxQ

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W6IVSVMBMkvzontwwFH99CpnWbWmFDiX/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Alex Garlock

Alex Garlock Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyway you can provide me the bin or hex file. Also why is there two bios files for the original bios? Not sure how to use the ROM file as the programmer wants bin or hex.

5. Alex Garlock

Alex Garlock Newbie

Reputations:
    I managed to try As Programmer but looks like I need to unprotect the bios but its not working.

1. Tried AsProgrammer with bios file provided. Says its protected and when I run unprotect it doesnt do anything.
    2. Managed to get the bin file from UEFI Tool and exported the ROM to BIn but trying in the CH341A Programmer it just fails out.

Appears my bios is protected and cant figure out how to unprotect it.

6. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No need to trust other peoples BIOS dumps as the dump itself exists within the Razer Updater.exe - open it with 7zip and you'll see what I mean.