2019 RB i7-9750H, 2080 Max-Q, & 240 Hz!

Discussion in 'Razer' started by DevonRayG, Jun 6, 2019.

1. DevonRayG

DevonRayG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Received this monster yesterday! So far I am sitting at a -.150v undervolt with temps never going over ~84 in any of my stress testing/hour gaming sessions. I have been using multiple testing methods, including Aida64, Heaven 4.0, and Prime95. Games being played are the Witcher 3 and GTA V. Any tests that anyone would like me to run? Or any advice? I did play around with afterburner but decided i don't even really want to OC my gpu.

dm477 and Punisher5.0 like this.
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's nice temperature, can you run 3dmark like firestrike? It'll be nice with hwinfo screenshot like this, while running it.
    5CCE93B6-2411-4230-95F9-0C629AAA6A18.jpeg

dm477 likes this.
  3. DevonRayG

Reputations:
    Gladly! Here is a screenshot taken right after the test finished [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is a link to my test results - https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/36674999?

As you can see, I did end up dropping the undervolt from -.150 to -.135. I did this due to some BSODs I was getting previously, however i dont think they had any relation to the undervolt i previously had, as they went away after i fully uninstalled the NVIDIA driver using DDU and then did a manual reinstall.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Joikansai likes this.
  4. DevonRayG

Reputations:
    I noticed that when I have Razer Synapse uninstalled, my Graphics score consistently sits around 21k and my Physics score sits at just above 15k.
    However, when I have Razer Synapse installed and on the performance mode, my Graphics score drops to sub 20k and my physics score jumps to just under 17k.
    And this is after over 20 tests of this theory... Any idea why this might be?

5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Synapse maybe holding the gpu boost clock but it doesn’t matter you can use afterburner to boost it by increasing core frequency, the important one you can get better cpu performance which probably without Synapse it sits on default (balanced) tdp, maybe 25 watt (i don’t have your model but on 2018 it sits on 25 watt on this mode) which explain your lower score, on performance mode it’s maybe higher like 45 watt which showed on that HWinfo64 sensor.

6. DevonRayG

Reputations:
    That makes sense. Well I am definitely slowly dialing in on the tune for this machine, my last Firestrike score is here - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/19536975

This is with a -.140v underclock and a +130 core +450 memory overclock in afterburner. Temps are still the exact same.

7. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah I would also put thermal number one on this thin light but look at that 3Dmark ranks apparently some other Razer laptop can sit on the top 1080mq, 9750H system but your physical score is better, it is probably a Blade Pro with gpu silicon lottery for better max OC value.

DevonRayG likes this.
  8. DevonRayG

Reputations:
    Agreed. I will tune down the GPU overclock as needed if temps ever get above ~86/87c during intense sessions. So far i haven't seen that but time will tell. And yeah how the hell did that person get such a high graphics score? You think luck of the draw gets an extra 2k score? Or maybe they know something I don’t lol... looking at their clocks, my GPU has a higher core and memory clock as well. Interesting..

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s probably Razer Blade Pro from MoBo name which is different compared yours, it has new cooling design. Dave2d showed also not bad graphics score on his review unit (I think 2080mq usually 20K out of box). And usually YouTubers run benchmarks on stock and most probably balanced mode without tweaking anything like overclocking or undervolting.
    9430F1C8-1221-4C31-9686-153B38F4F7EA.png

DevonRayG likes this.
  10. DevonRayG

Reputations:
    Yeah that looks about right. Well I’m not too worried about trying to keep up with a 17 inch laptop, I knew I was giving up some performance for size. I’m pretty happy with my scores and thermals as it is.

Joikansai likes this.