2019 Razer Blade stealth performance

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Naeem Chandani, Dec 15, 2018.

1. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    FYI, here's BIOS 1.02 and EC 1.01 for the Stealth 2019. Are these new by any chance? Didn't see them around.

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was looking for new hidden updates for my Blade 15 and stumbled upon it. You'll see that the category that the file is in is erroneously "Razer Blade 15” (2018) Advanced". The file is not actually in there of course, because what file gets shown is dependent on the downloaditemid parameter in the URL. The itemids are incremental. Each time they upload a file it gets not a random number or string, but an increment of a number.

Take the link for the BIOS for example:
    Code:
    http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=3059&nav=0,350,765,766
    See how the itemid is 3059? Change that to 3060 and you have the EC file. The newest file is 3063 btw.

The link that the download button leads you to is:
    Code:
    https://dl.razer.com/drivers/BladeStealth2019/RazerUpdater_v1.1.1.0_L1-BIOSv0102.exe
    Which would be the direct download link for the file. From that file we know that Razer names the 2019 Stealth "L1" (the Blade 15 2018 is C1). If they don't update the RazerUpdater, then you'd be able to eventually find BIOS 1.03 by changing the BIOS version in the link. It's how I found the Blade 15 1.07 BIOS for example.

Joikansai likes this.
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They seem take out stealth bios update due some issues that users reported I believe. Anyway it’s a great find. I’m good actually with 1.05, did you find anything new on 1.07 advanced btw.

5. No0B

No0B Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nope, nothing different for me compared to 1.06. But for @HAMSTERS it fixed something. Quoting from the thread.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Okay, I don’t have those issues on 1.05, battery fine, web cam fine, maybe I’ll just hanging with this for a bit longer till I feel uncomfortable.

7. BartusCompater

BartusCompater Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe they just released these to address the coil whine and battery discharge issues some people were experiencing with the 2019 Stealth.

We'll see. I might be returning my Stealth because of these performance caps. There's no reason for me to not just stick with my 2017 Blade 14--it's only a little bit bigger, is much more powerful, and still has excellent battery life. I was hoping the Stealth would be able to outclass it in at least a couple of those categories.

8. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Because some spoiled 5 year old will let the CPU take 60W because they are a "1337 G@M3R" and then complain online when it dies a year later