2019 Razer Blade 17

Discussion in 'Razer' started by rickybambi, Apr 22, 2019.

1. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Really interested in some 2060 / 2070 benchmarks too.
    It seems their vapour chamber cooling is no joke.

The 2080 would be best of course... but the price is off the hook in Aus.

2. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    I’m not sure why you are comparing a 2080 max q to a full 2070, you should compare to a full 2080 instead. It’s no “joke”, a decent computer while it lasts. I have zero faith in razer CS. A real shame because I am considering RBP 2080

3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I enjoy using my blade but once I need support, I will just call my insurance. It is so annoying that in general Razer Blade parts are not available for the public in a similar way as you can find Alienware, Dell, Asus parts etc everywhere on the web by a large amount of vendors to fix issues yourself.

4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    They start Razercare store, for system still only recovery stick but I smell it’ll be expanded to parts, finger crossed.
    Comparing with 200 tdp gpu:confused:. I think it’s unfair, from temperature I think they can put full fat gpu like some MSI laptops actually but maybe still traumatic with past 1080, and keep one adapter solution:D Or maybe they’re preparing something big beside Studio:rolleyes:

5. vegetaeater

vegetaeater Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  7. YoungStarDC

YoungStarDC Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Great score. I’ve settled on the MSI GS75 over this though. I love the MacBook like design of this, however, at 500 euros cheaper when configured the same, better QC and most importantly, warranty in most European countries, I just can’t justify the premium. Too bad Razer doesn’t ship to most European countries.

8. slimjim8201

slimjim8201 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The unit looks legit. Clearly the vapor chamber is working wonders and the additional fans would give me confidence that the battery won’t immediately balloon up. The trackpad on the 2017 was not a great idea and the mechanical keyboard switches SUCKED. I would view the screen as a huge upgrade for gaming. The 2017 4K panel was one of the worst gaming screens I’ve seen in a long time. So. Damn. Slow. Looks like this one has a good response time. I don’t much care about the ****ty webcam or lack of volume roller switch.

I do wish it had a 32GB option. Looks more like a 17” version of the Razer 15 than a “pro” version. A good machine, but not a pro machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darkhan likes this.
  9. Evertbie

Evertbie Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had some time to run same basic benchmarks in balanced and performance mode:

1) Firestrike results, CPU/GPU temps and GPU power draw n balanced mode:
    upload_2019-6-22_23-19-58.png

2) Same in performance mode:
    upload_2019-6-22_23-40-11.png

During CPU test and the last test the CPU power draw went up to 60-70watts, hence the 90C CPU spikes. Higher score comes mainly from the CPU, funny thing is that GPU seems to draw less in performance mode 93 vs. 100+ Watts)...need to test a little more as to why, I have set synapse both to high:
    upload_2019-6-22_23-42-18.png

Attached Files:

10. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Those cpu temps are not great considering the 2 extra fans and extra room of the 17. I was considering getting this when the creators version comes out with i9 but these temps don't encourage me much.