2019 Razer Blade 17

Discussion in 'Razer' started by rickybambi, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm just weird like that. While I can see your point. On a 17" machine it would be less noticable of an offset than say a 15" laptop. And I'm surprised I never thought of the macro idea. I never did much it the software than change the color on my blade 14. So I guess I just missed that feature.

But I can tall you I have some OC'd with straightness and squaring things up. I spent like twenty minutes making sure my desktop screen was level when I first got it. It was off by a quarter inch and I could see it somehow. It's a curse I tell you!

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    thats the thing that slightly bugs me with the razer blade 15, the spacebar isnt center like on the Apple macbook, so the trackpad looks slightly off even though it is in the middle of the machine.

I'm very OCD about stuff like that but the rest of the laptop design kinda saves it.

Terreos likes this.
  3. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think they also make up for it with having an oversized trackpad. Besides apple and some hp laptops I don't think anyone else is going this route. And I think making them larger is good for usability. But, still yes I would look at an off center track pad and be like. . ."NOOOOOOOO!" :p

That's why I use a mouse. . .forget the trackpad is there.

4. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The software is very powerful in that you can make highly detailed macros on a game by game basis or a program by program basis

Also OCD is a curse, I can understand people throwing a fit over things not being aligned or perfectly centered

5. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't think any of you guys understand the difference between TFT, IPS, TN. Let's be clear, new pro 17 is IPS panel for sure.

TFT is the very fundamental and basic technology for liquid crystal display (LCD). Both TN and IPS are developed base on TFT. The full name used in industry is IPS-TFT-LCD and TN-TFT-LCD.
    IPS and TN are comparable, but TFT is not.

For sure, we will see 240hz display or even OLED on the 17 model later this year or next year. However, there is no such 240hz display for 17 inch machine. So, 144hz and 4K are the only two option that Razer can offer on the pro right now. Unless you want a 2k 120hz TN that Alienware is offering.

jeremyshaw likes this.
  6. rb6freak

rb6freak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm just not so sure about this statement. Razer specifys their displays are IPS on the product information page, but for whatever reason, they have chosen to omit whether it is TN, IPS or other on the new Blade 17 page. How do you know it is IPS for certain?

7. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    17 inch IPS 144hz is not a new or scarce panel. Many manufacturer has already used this panel for several months. There is no need for Razer to use anything other than IPS. You can also see the viewing angel is good as IPS in PCworld video.

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Whenever I move my monitor to connect/disconnect cables or clean around the space, I use a bubble level and a ruler to make sure the screen is straight and that both sides are equidistant from the wall.

When I was a full-time OS X user a few years back, I always wanted a 17-inch MacBook Pro. If someone could find a way to Hackintosh this thing, it would be a dream.

9. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know Razer marketing if it’s IPS they’ll write IPS.
    Blade pro
    4CFD8943-37D5-40F1-B152-6933D76D2400.jpeg
    Blade 15
    4E98A4FD-BA1E-4A21-91BA-37CAE69168D8.jpeg
    Yes technically both panel types are thin film transistor (TFT) panels. Cheap TFT displays are usually "TN" TFT-LCDs. The less expensive TN panels have lower color fidelity - usually 18-bit - while IPS panels can display 24-bit truecolor. So Blade Pro again use not ips but also not cheap “TN” TFT panel, you know there’s some great TN panels nowadays with not bad viewing angles like Alienware monitors use.

10. HAMSTERS

HAMSTERS Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yes, I understand what you’re saying. But sometimes it is just some marketing info. I don’t know why they don’t make it clear by saying IPS. Let’s just see what Razer is doing when the product relaesed