2019 Razer Blade 17

Discussion in 'Razer' started by rickybambi, Apr 22, 2019.

1. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Because panel manufacturers arent making 1440P panels with narrow bezels at the moment. All laptop brands are basically buying the same panels as all the other brands from the same 4 panel manufacturers.

Joikansai likes this.
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think it’s also due panel supply issue not many brands has this 1440p 120Hz, Alienware has it on TN panel right, and Aorus only when I’m not wrong. Using it maybe just add more production costs that may effect the end price. I think it’s already fair price 2,5K 17 inch 2060 with new cpu and extra ports, before I think 2060 on Blade 15 was only a bit cheaper like 2,4K?

3. Dan@Dan

Dan@Dan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Wow... "Pro" laptop with a TFT display and 1080p. They sell the RB15 now with 240Hz IPS and 4K OLED but have only garbage from 2005 in the 17 Pro... And what's with that keyboard? SO much space and no num-pad or atleast some macro keys. Atleast the rest of the hardware is decent, with nice port selection and what looks like some cooling for M.2s.

Darkhan likes this.
  4. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s same with 2017 pro model FHD 120Hz with gtx1060, i think it’s update for that, budget “pro” model, and maybe to give gs75 competition. Hope Big daddy comes later, maybe still experimenting how to update €5K Blade Pro on that cassis. TFT display isn’t as great as IPS in term viewing angle but better than TN in color accuracy, keyboard is user preferred, I won’t buy laptops with numpad personally since I’m using it mostly for gaming, for excel works etc I use full external keyboard, yes I don’t like macro keys as well preferred decent up front speakers instead like Blade or MacBook speakers.

5. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Even if the bezels are thicker, it would be worth it for the target audience

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    So for one resolution sku they have to make a separate line with a larger chassis? Bit excessive isnt it? The panels would already be available if the demand was truly that high. Especially with AUO being very aggressive to jump on any bandwagon as a panel manufacturer.

7. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I actually applaud them for not adding a numpad. On a laptop I hate them. It offsets the keyboard enough that it just feels weird to me. On a desktop I can move the keyboard over enough to keep it center of my display. Can't do that with a laptop.

Joikansai likes this.
  8. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    But it does make doing many things easier, such as professional work. Also since it's Razer, you can turn the num pad into a HUGE macro pad which you might need for many games

Arondel and Terreos like this.
  9. Terreos

Terreos Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm. . .didn't think about using them as macros. That would be useful for autoCAD. Hmm. . .

Arondel likes this.
  10. Richard Zheng

Reputations:
    It would be good for productivity as well as gaming. Video editing, photo editing, MOBAs and even some FPS games could all greatly benefit from a macro pad. It sure beats having to carry around a dedicated numpad.

Sure it’s not for everyone but there isn’t a reason not to include one on a device this big.

I mean sure, it offsets the WASD keys, but the laptop is already big enough to offset by a considerable amount already, so shifting another inch over wouldn’t be much better or worse

Arondel likes this.