2019 Notebook 9 Lineup (regular/pro/pen)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by skygunnerblue, Jan 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks, sorry for the delay. I ended up getting the 9 Pen 15" (no GPU) instead. I can say it is also a very sleek machine and thus far a worthy successor to my X3G. I did have to get a tiny ravpower charger to replace the samsung wall wort.

Prototime likes this.
  2. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    A little over a year later, and my review still holds. I remain very happy with my purchase. I recently bought a Dell external display that I connect to the notebook over USB-C, and it serves to both send an image to the display while also charging the notebook. It's a nice touch, and I no longer use the note book's proprietary charger while I'm at home.

The notebook continues to work well, and I see no reason to upgrade. Which is a good thing too, because I don't believe Samsung has refreshed the Notebook 9 Pro 15" this year; it's still offering the NP940X5N-X01US as far as I can tell.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  3. skygunnerblue

skygunnerblue Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    19 months later, I still love my Pen, with one exception: This touchpad issue seems unsolvable. I even tested it on a brand new unit in a retail store and it's present.

It's a workhorse in every other aspect. I'm going to hold onto mine until Samsung gets around to adopting 3:2 displays :)

Dannemand and Prototime like this.