2018 Kia Stinger, an affordable RWD sport sedan

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Mitlov, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    My two cents, but I'd say Chrsyler has nothing to worry about from the Stringer since they have much bigger (internal) problems than the Stinger as competition.

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    What are you talking about? Sergio Marchionne is the Greatest of All Time - just ask him!

3. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Isn't he leaving anyway?

4. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Once he finds a buyer to take FCA off his hands, yes. Last I heard, Sergio wants something along the lines of $20 billion for the lot, and the most likely candidate was Hyundai of all brands. At this point, though, talks have stalled.

Regardless, anyone who is interested in acquiring FCA just wants it for Ram and Jeep. Dodge and Chrysler would in all likelihood go the way of Pontiac and Oldsmobile, while Fiat and Alfa Romeo would pull out of the US market (again). Ferrari and Maserati would stay but see their lineups expand further with new and more SUVs.

5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Ew. What is wrong with consumers?

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Double post

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Meant the SUV part. I'm not sure which is worse, that people want SUVs by these brands or that they might actually get them.

8. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Maserati’s brand doesn’t really hold any stock to a lot of younger people it seems, and If Doug DeMuro’s videos have any merit, they seem to suffer a chornic case of “FCA parts binning”. Personally, I don’t care how the subjective feel of the car is if I’m paying nearly $100,000 for a car that shares a lot of its interior with the Dodge Dart. Notwithstanding Italian car reliability, of course.

Fiat is “okay” imo, though really the only interesting car in the lot is their Miata clone, albeit they seem to think that the changes between that and the Miata justifies the large MSRP difference. And once again, Italian reliability leaves a lot to be desired.

9. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Yeah, I don’t know people’s obsession with SUVs either....

10. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Miata base MSRP range: $24,915-$30,065
    Fiat 124 base MSRP range: $24,995-$28,195

Now the sticker of a loaded Miata Grand Touring comes out cheaper than a similar 124, but Fiat will be more generous with incentives, so the prices work out to be more or less the same. Not saying I still wouldn't take the Miata, but I think reliability at least for the 124 will be better than the rest of the Fiat line because it is indeed Mazda who assembles it.

Are you married and/or do you have children? An SUV makes hauling people and stuff a metric boatload easier. Not having to bend over to make sure my kid is strapped securely into his seat makes my back much happier. And today, there's not a gigantic gulf in the driving experience between a compact or midsize CUV and a similar car. A Mazda CX-5 is nearly as entertaining as a comparable 3 hatchback.