2018 Kia Stinger, an affordable RWD sport sedan

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Mitlov, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pity, I'd love to see them just go all in and do something crazy like that.

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:

I'm surprised how configurable everything is...

hmscott likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'm normally a pretty good judge of character, but I can never tell if DeMuro is serious or trolling in some of his videos. Check out his review of the Porsche Panamera Turbo, where he goes over how you can directly tune the satellite radio system to any channel through the infotainment system. He talks about it like it's some grand high-end feature when a Chevy Cruze I rented a couple months ago could do the exact same thing.

I also hope to get one of these to review in the not-too-distant future.

4. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Can confirm, I can tune into whatever XM station I want to in my Cruze via the "station save" feature or whatever it's called.

That said, I'm still surprised at some of the things that the Stinger allows you to configure. The merge lane blinker count, welcome/goodbye sound, etc. It's just odd imo, even if it turns out some other cars do that too.

5. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    Most Hyundai and Kia vehicles can do this, including my Tucson, my parents’ Sonata and the Elantra. So it’s not something that’s special to the Stinger.

Again, that’s why I don’t know if DeMuro is just ignorant or playing his largely ignorant audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Ah, gotcha. I don't know too much about Kia's or Hyundai's lineup (aside from the Elantra).

7. saturnotaku

Reputations:
    And another thing about that video - he talks about the Stinger being $50,000 like it's the most expensive car Kia has ever sold, which is untrue. That honor goes to the K900, which could be had for more than $60,000.

8. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Padding run time maybe?

9. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    While I 100% applaud Kia and the Stinger/GT, I feel they leave many car enthusiasts out in the cold without the inclusion of a manual transmission, even as an option. Having another player in the sporty/sports sedan category is only good, it will force all other automakers to keep putting out solid options. Poaching the former head of the M division and Peter Schreyer has been really good for Hyundai/Kia. And the Stinger has alot of strong points with very little(if any) real downsides.

Yes I know I'm going to get flak for this, but I think the Chevrolet SS is overall a better car. It makes more power, and from a naturally aspirated V8, offers a manual transmission, magnetic dampers. It's priced around the same when you compare similar equipment level. Yes I know the SS is officially "dead" but you can still find brand new ones and with the manual transmission. While I know Hyundai and Kia have spent the past decade making all their cars pretty reliable, I can't help to think that turbo V6 will last 150-200k miles without pouring a bit of money into it. While the SS makes do with pretty old school LS3 which they have so many different versions of, and also no direct injection on the LS3. LS3 will be able to make much bigger power if you want (turbo, twin turbo, supercharger, or even a mild cam upgrade). The downsides of the SS? Well it looks like a doggone Chevy Malibu, but maybe I think that's a plus. You think you are next to a Malibu....but then you hear a 6.2L OHV V8 smoke you....lol.

10. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Reputations:
    Well now you've made me kind of want one.