2018 computer reliability report - a bit shocking for me

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by vacationtime, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vacationtime

vacationtime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Arrrrbol and Andario like this.
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    The same goes for clevo, gigabyte, Razer and alienware. All notebooks are terrible out of the box experiences.

Hell even if you buy an acer predator 21x which is a 9.000USD machine, if you put OC to turbo, it will literally throttle the entire system. That's how much nobody cares.

Arrrrbol likes this.
  3. don_svetlio

don_svetlio In the Pipe, Five by Five.

Reputations:
    They gave Apple an A+ - that's enough for me to laugh and call BS.

Starlight5, capjack, Kurgo and 3 others like this.
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Well I've never had any worse laptop than ASUS. Returned 7 of their ROG laptops until I finally gave up on the brand and looked elsewhere. My laptops were always at the service center more than the total time I actually used them. Talking about brand new laptops like G75VW, G750JX, G751JY, just to name a few

Vistar Shook, KY_BULLET and Arrrrbol like this.
  5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Gigabyte and razer somehow managed to make it even worse. I'm not even kidding. They surpassed the awfulness of the Asus brand... But apparently the guys who bought the desktop Ryzen notebook are completely satisfied and never had any issues after a simple repaste. So apparently there are some exceptions to the notebooks.

KY_BULLET, Arrrrbol and don_svetlio like this.
  6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Don't have any experience with those 2 brands. The Razers look nice and the specs are decent but I wish they were more reliable and had better cooling. MSI FTW! The most reliable laptop I've ever owned. Period!

KY_BULLET and Arrrrbol like this.
  7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    I chewed through almost all brands, MSI by far the best and most reliable. No doubt. Got a clevo because I somehow wanted to challenge myself to make it equal to my GT 72. Trust me, it's not easy :'D

Arrrrbol likes this.
  8. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Apple may actually be reliable, but when something does break its nigh impossible to repair it. I'd rather take something with patchy reliability that I can actually fix myself than something which will turn into a 3000 quid paperweight whenever something fails.

Kurgo, vacationtime and KY_BULLET like this.
  9. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    It's low end hardware. Obviously it doens't break fast. There is almost nothing to break. It's impressive if anything that is does break. it's the same as those low end HP and Asus notebooks with celeron CPU's and stuff, they are indestructable.

Arrrrbol likes this.
  10. vacationtime

vacationtime Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a Mac air for 3 yrs. the reason I bought it because my friend told me it was very reliable and you don't need to change the laptop for 5 yrs at least cause it can still run pretty well and stable.

However, i can never get used to the system. I am impressed and like a lot its mouse pad. Very convenient and user friendly. I don't need to have to plug in a mouse to navigate around pretty smoothly.

The thing is...since I still can't get used to the system, now I only use my mac air to watch movies...I can't even use the Evernote now cause I update the app in order to fix the photo sudden disappear issue. I did that but it turns out that I still need to update the OS to a certain version. I stop at this step cause I am afraid something will go wrong...

So, I am actually thinking about to have to a regular laptop now.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Arrrrbol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.