2018 California Fire Tracker

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dr. AMK, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Gabrielgvs

Gabrielgvs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Couldn't possibly agree more. Here in FL, it's exactly the same case with the amount of development we see on coastlines which are consistently battered by hurricanes. These things happen, and they've always happened.

I used to live in an area where an awful lot of controlled burning was being done. I don't think it's expensive to do. I'm also not sure how effective it is all the time. I can tell you what does pi$$ me off, is when people lose their homes, property, and sometimes their lives in these fires when they are started by people, either through negligence or with intent.

hmscott likes this.
  2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    There are many reports and videos talking about conspiracy, and they are saying that these fires are fabricated for political purposes and other hidden agendas. Is this possible?!

3. Fishon

Fishon I Will Close You

Reputations:
    What do you mean by fabricated? As in they aren't real and didn't occur? Please link some of these articles as I would like to see them. Conspiracists appear to know why they occurred...

[​IMG]

4. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    I don't like to post about those Theories, you can search in Google and you will find many videos and articles talking about targeting that area and that the fires are not natural, and it can be a deliberate act, some kind of punishment for certain people for certain reasons.

5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    It's sad when these theories fabricated from thin air and minds untethered to facts end up taking away thought and energy from the real problems and cause people to waste valuable time and energy to look for magical causes that don't exist.

While the real problems still exist and continue to put lives in danger.

PG&E Investigating Transmission Line Problem Near Origin of Camp Fire
    KPIX CBS SF Bay Area
    Published on Nov 9, 2018
    A PG&E power line may have been a factor in the devastating wildfire in Butte County. Joe Vazquez reports. (11-9-18)

PG&E Reports 2nd Transmission Line Incident Near Start of Deadly Camp Fire
    KPIX CBS SF Bay Area
    Published on Nov 18, 2018
    Pacific Gas & Electric waited more than a week before relaying crucial information to state regulators about a second fire which broke out in the early-morning hours of Nov. 8, less than an hour after the Camp Fire -- now the deadliest in state history -- was first reported. Devin Fehely reports. (11-18-2018)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pge+start+fire

Dr. AMK likes this.
  6. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Thank you,
    Agree with you %100, this is what I meant to say, and the goal for this thread is to follow up and give help and support to our families in this disaster.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Juan Brown is a commercial pilot, trained to be a Fire Retardant Plane pilot before he was offered a commercial airline position, and still maintains connections to the fire suppression world, he did the behind the scenes coverage of the Jumbo Jet Fire Retardant refilling video I posted earlier. He also has done great coverage of other fire related events, and lives not far from the Camp fire region.

This is from the 1st day:

'Camp' Fire UPDATE 8 Nov 8pm pst 18,000 acre Northern California Wildfire
    blancolirio
    Published on Nov 8, 2018
    A rough update with what little info we know so far.
    DONATE HERE KCRA TELETHON:916-309-2903.
    Worst wildfire in US History.

'Camp' Fire UPDATE 20 Nov. 2018 Drive Through Devastated Paradise, Ca. (playlist)
    Published on Nov 20, 2018
    Using video shot by Nurse Dean Strait as he drives up to the Feather River Hospital and back through the town of Paradise on Sunday 11 Nov. just 4 days after the fire.
    I will have the complete interview with Dean soon. He was part of the team that successfully evacuated ALL the patients from the Feather River Hospital.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Dispatch Recordings Capture Start Of Butte County Wildfire
    KCRA News
    Published on Nov 9, 2018
    Dispatch recordings about a wildfire burning in Butte County capture what crews were seeing when it first ignited. Firefighters responded to Camp Creek Road around 6:30 a.m. Thursday and saw that it was inaccessible. Firefighters knew then that this fire was going to be "major incident."

Listen: Dispatch from the destructive Camp Fireamp fire dispatch audio
    Mercury News
    Published on Nov 9, 2018
    Authorities said Friday morning at least five people have died in the Camp Fire that rapidly engulfed the town of Paradise near Chico, and more fatalities are expected to be discovered as the flames rage out of control and smoke blankets the region in an orange haze.
    At Camp Fire's Origin: More Flames And A Secured Investigation Scene
    KPIX CBS SF Bay Area
    Published on Nov 12, 2018
    Deep in the canyon surrounding the North Fork of the Feather River, flames have returned to what is thought to be the Camp Fire's point of origin. Wilson Walker set out to examine the PG&E transmission lines around Camp Creek Road. He found an investigation scene, a team from PG&E, and still more fire.
    Paradise man battled fire for 10 hours to save house
    ABC10
    Published on Nov 13, 2018
    Check our longer cut at https://youtu.be/geC8IOfR-Lc
    Bill Roth was home with his fiance and dog when the Camp Fire started. After getting them out, he stayed to try saving his house.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. hmscott

Reputations:
    Woman reunited with cat lost during the California Wildfire
    by anlyin via iPhone 4 hr
    (click link to view mp4 video, no audio)
    “To everyone who is missing their pets from the fire or haven't found them yet I'm just letting you know there is hope it's a video of my sister being reunited with one of her cats who escaped when she was packing up and he was all the way up in UC Davis Veterinary Hospital they did a story on it and I listed the link below to where you guys can look to see if any of your pets have been taken there. I know it's a tough time but miracles do happen so don't give up on your fur babies and no there waiting for you to come and rescue them.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/GWgtjVP

Photos: Pets, owners reunited following deadly and destructive Camp Fire
    chaffin.mitchell, AccuWeather•November 15, 2018
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-pets-owners-reunited-following-152010655.html?soc_src=community

Dr. AMK likes this.
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    The Problem of Paradise: Rebuild or Relocate?
    KPIX CBS SF Bay Area
    Published on Nov 23, 2018
    The big question facing California in the wake of the deadly Camp Fire: how or whether to rebuild in the devastated town of Paradise. Politics reporter Melissa Caen reports. (11-23-18)