2018 blade advanced replacement parts sourcing

Discussion in 'Razer' started by NYalex, May 10, 2019.

1. Eason

Eason Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm no engineer, but I would guess when everything in the chassis is metal except a couple of anchor points out of a softer material, the stress is transferred to the weakest part of the materials.

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Im an engineer but not in that field :D But I would expect it that they have accounted for it in newer versions. I dont think that a lot of tension is unloaded on those plastic pieces, they only hold the bottom panel which is hooked into 8 other screw holes a well. But time will tell, definitely going get insurance for mine this week.

From what I saw on google/reddit in general the unit that have these issues are the first gen and often with the black heatsink versions? Based on studying the photos, the manufacturing is different now, the old ones that I saw break on photos, had molding marks on them on different places.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. NYalex

NYalex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    well fellas, i got lucky.

i contacted razer support and when they verified the serial number, the laptop is still under warranty ahah. this was a surprise, but the guy that traded this with me bought it just a couple of months ago.

So apparently it seems razer is also aware of this issue to some degree. i'm crossing my fingers, still going back and forth validating info with razer customer service. hopefully they get it fixed or send me a replacement part. Heck i don't mind doing it myself