2017 IdeaPad 720s is looking good!

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by B0B, Oct 31, 2017.

1. WilSz

WilSz Newbie

Reputations:
    The laptop deal is now $679 from BJs.

2. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just picked the i5 8250U/256gb/8gb version from MC for the wife. Did a clean install so far so good. Really liking this little device for her. Everything on it seems to be pretty dang good, the keyboard, the screen, the touchpad is great, and the speakers are not too bad for the size of the laptop. The laptop exceeds all of her needs and the fact that it has TB3 and a dGPU is just unnecessary extras. I wasn't too keen on the glossy screen at first, but honestly after using it and seeing it in person it's not like some glossy screens I've used in the past. I actually like it and remember how much they seem to make colors pop.

I managed to overclock the display to a nice 72Hz with reduced LCD timings which is noticeably smooth feeling than the default 60hz.

On the CPU side of things with some tweaking I managed to get a CB multi score of 670. Not bad for a very low TDP i5.

steberg and huntnyc like this.
  3. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    and your wife needs a overclocked lcd??????????????????

4. marlin29311

marlin29311 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    huntnyc likes this.
  5. BrickToTheFace

BrickToTheFace Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How are you guys finding the screen brightness? On the Yoga 720 I kept wanting to turn it up, but it was already as max level.

6. lukinpt

lukinpt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Is anyone having problems with hibernate in Windows 10 since last BIOS update?
    Most of the times it doesn't work and I think it started after the BIOS update.