2016 Lineup Announced

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by echen1024, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echen1024

echen1024 Newbie

Reputations:
    A bevy of new ThinkPads, hitting real heavy on the X1 front (tablet, yoga, standard.)

Shortage of specs, although the Iris graphics many of us were hoping for did not make an appearance. T460s dGPU has also been downgraded to the NVidia 930M from the 940M in the T450s. It also waits to be seen as to the model of dGPU in the T460P, which is certainly one of the most interesting of the bunch (x40 series marked the resurgence of "p" models).

edit: Upon closer inspection, it seems that the X260 is still using the old swipe-style fingerprint reader, compared to the T and P series which are using the touch-style readers.
    http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Thinkpad_X260_04_Win-10-MiniStart.png

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    The $449 base price Thinkpad 13 has to rank up there as one of the most interesting devices announced by Lenovo at CES. At 3.2 lbs and .8" thick, if the display is anything short of horrific, this looks like a terrific entry level Thinkpad for the office. Actually comes close in size and weight to my old X301.

The X1 tablet (seeming improving on all the shortcomings of the Miix 700) and the OLED X1 Yoga round out significant upgrades across the Thinkpad line.

3. etz

etz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's also great that we have returned to all-black design. I didn't like the gray. T460s is non-removable battery only now, but the chassis is completely new, which means base cover removal is supposedly very easy, to change RAM-s for example. Removing the keyboard should be very simple now also.
    I can't wait to see the 1440p display, this year might be the year, when I go from X230 to T460s.
    All-in-all, looks like the Thinkpad team has been fairly busy, so far the results seem great.
    If you're reading this, TP team, good job.

Bronsky likes this.
  4. linkgoron

linkgoron Newbie

Reputations:
    Weird that the T460/p/s and X260 are all missing TB3 and USB 3.1 Type-C ports.

It looks like the Thinkpad 13 is the only new laptop with a USB type-C port

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  5. Thors.Hammer

Thors.Hammer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  6. BinkNR

BinkNR Knock off all that evil

Reputations:
    And yet still no notebooks (tablets excluded) with 16:10 or 3:2 resolution. :mad:

This is a major bummer.

7. pepper_john

pepper_john Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  8. Jayayess1190

Jayayess1190 Waiting on Intel Cannonlake

Reputations:
    I have seen one place that says the X260 won't offer a touchscreen option. Interesting if true.

9. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    I hope they keep the IPS for the FHD panel on the T460, unlike the X1C. I've no interest in a WQHD screen. The L460 looks kind of interesting at 4.2 pounds for someone like myself who doesn't need a ton of mobility or battery life. I'd just want the backlit keyboard, or even better, the ThinkLight, to come back before I was sold.

10. khajure

khajure Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So no removable battery? Does this mean we cannot replace the back battery with a 6 cell and have upto 18 hours of battery life? If so then I am definitely not purchasing a t460s. OLED display on the x1 yoga looks amazing though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.