2016 and Beyond: What are we missing in laptops/notebooks?

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 1, 2015.

1. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    FINALLY! Looks like 1440p 165Hz laptops are going to be the standard for the future of laptops. AND they aren't more expensive than the current 1080p 240hz laptops which is neat. Trying to get a laptop for 4K gaming was just stupid.

2. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Variable TGP GPUs that dynamically ramp up or down based on the output of the power adapter. You can go to work with a 100w adapter and leave the chunky 330w brick at home.

Starlight5, Dennismungai and Maleko48 like this.
  3. JinTexas

JinTexas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just got my first Alienware laptop with a Nvidia 3080 GPU

4. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Since I have to run all sorts of clients for my drivers anyways. I'd like to be able to set individual FPS targets for games and have it auto configure from there.

IE, HZD breaks beyond 60fps so why not let me lock that in with the game profile/driver level settings and work from there turning up eye candy, Then if I switch to DOOM which has unlimited FPS capability let me have unlimited toggled and run with that without me having to jump into control panel to change it every time.