2016 and Beyond: What are we missing in laptops/notebooks?

Discussion in 'Notebook Cosmetic Modifications and Custom Builds' started by Mr. Fox, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Doc Fox

Doc Fox Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Honestly, I have very modest wants;

I want 2k+ USD laptops to be factory pasted with top end pastes with good application.

I want laptop manufacturers to determine their own TDP that their chassis can dissipate and set the TDP on the chips accordingly. And also I dont want any unnecessary resistors on the pcb driving voltages up for no reason. Quite frankly nothing should be locked on my hardware... its mine, I should be able to melt it if I want... just void my warranty but dont make it difficult for me to use my own hardware...

I want the body to be adequately rigid where I dont have to treat the laptop like an infant, preferably built with light metal panels.

I want easily upgradable components, like the screen panel, storage, ram and easy access to the cmos battery. (Just make a little pop-open window at the bottom panel..)

alexhawker and Aroc like this.
  2. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    At least HP is listening for this one. Theyre adding liquid metal to that dual screen Omen 15

Aroc likes this.
  3. TheUberMedic

TheUberMedic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I just thought of 2 uses for folding screens for laptops.

One is the Asus Zenbook Pro Duo approach but instead of two seperate displays, it's just one that folds.

Another is one that wraps around the back of the display that folds outwards. If there was just 1 fold on the left and right side of the screen, we could have 32:9 screens for laptops BUT if then if the screen was double folded, we could have a 48:9 laptop! (same as triple screens)

The second one is a bit out there but just an idea :p

4. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pretty sure ASUS is planning on that too.

5. User32

User32 Toughbook Master Race

Reputations:
    "What are we missing in laptops/notebooks?"

A CF-54 Toughbook with Whiskey Lake or a Picasso APU, to hell with Lelnovo and Dell, I want the extreme reliability of a Toughbook!

Or laptops with 16:10/RGBLED screens like my glorious Precision M6500. The RGBLED display in that thing is almost on the same level as my P50's IPS screen.

6. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I prefer my t440p's and Rangers.

Just like anything else, if you buy something for the branding you're burning your money regardless. Look at the individual model in question then move forward if your boxes have been checked.

bennyg likes this.
  7. Moontei

Moontei Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This x100 especially on thin and light gaming laptops that are all the rage now. Pretty much all reviews for such laptops show temps on the higher end and recommend you to undervolt it

NuclearLizard likes this.
  8. NuclearLizard

NuclearLizard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yea, though in all due honesty you should probably undervolt any Intel CPU you get from the latter years.

Just about everything I have seen runs like a furnace even my 6920hq in my GT 83 till I tuned it.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FGN using Tapatalk

9. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Still want to see a magnetic charger connection in something higher end.

NuclearLizard likes this.