2016/17 ATIV Book 9 with Kaby Lake COMING SOON: 13.3" and 15.0" versions

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by droyder, Sep 9, 2016.

1. droyder

droyder Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    These two Kaby Lake models are now appearing in the Samsung database for the Hong Kong and China regions. No guarantee of course, but USA models should eventually appear as well:

NP900X3M
    NP900X5M

No other info available at the moment, but will update once more is known.

For reference, here's the thread from the current silver-colored AB9 Skylake models from earlier this year:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...skylake-13-3-and-15-0-silver-versions.786450/

go45cvi and John Ratsey like this.
  2. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Let's hope they make some improvements...backlit keyboards, larger batteries, matte screens (yeah right) and no iron silver.

3. Worzyl

Worzyl Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hope they put in a full sized keyboard. Preferably one that doesn't get destroyed too quickly by humidity:D

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Very likely the US versions will look like the Korean versions: NT900X3M and NT900X5M.

John

go45cvi likes this.
  5. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Argh...it looks like the 15" keyboard is still not backlit, that is a deal breaker.:mad:

6. eva2000

eva2000 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    interesting though Samsung got out of the laptop biz ?

they sure neglected their own ATIV Book 8 range quickly :(

7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    There is a Book 9 Pro which has a dGPU and is the nearest that Samsung make as a successor to the Book 8 range.

Samsung's problem was that they aggressively expanded their notebook range just as the market started to shrink. Problems created by the arrival of Windows 8 + UEFI (which took Samsung a while to debug and pushed up the support and repair costs) plus the AMD dGPUs provided more than their fair share of headaches. Someone on high must have decreed a major retreat which had to be implemented even though a more modest retreat (eg continuing with their bigger European markets but dropping the smaller ones) would have made more sense.

John

8. Shrink

Shrink Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's too bad. My 780Z5E has been a great notebook and it looks like the successor will be an Asus based on the availability of Samsung notebooks in Canada. Will keep my fingers crossed that I can get another year out of my 780Z5E.

9. droyder

droyder Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Maybe US models will start showing soon, nothing thus far. Just not sure what Samsung's plans may or may not be outside of SE Asia at this point.

10. gnbspop

gnbspop Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My ATIV8 just conked out and I was thinking of buying either the Notebook 9 pro or the Dell xps 15. After careful weighing I decided to go for the Samsung. Everything was set til I saw this...

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consum...notebook/NP900X5M-K05HK?subsubtype=notebook-9

This is an upgrade right? Has there been a review? How is this comparable to the Notebook 9 pro? I'm leaving for HK soon and I hope you guys could help me out. Thanks