2015 Toshiba Chromebook 2 Replacement?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by adam berger, Apr 3, 2020.

1. adam berger

adam berger Newbie

Reputations:
    I need to get a new PC. I bought this Chromebook2 by Toshiba back in 2015 or earlier. What drew me was the Clarity and the colors of the screen. It had Full HD 1080p. I am trying to get the same thing . Unable to actually try hands on buying due to the current situation. I did buy and return a Samsung with Full HD , however the picture was terrible.
    Can someone direct me as to what Chromebook you would recommend that has the same picture or better that won't cost me more than 300. 00. If it exists at all.

2. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Why are you considering a new notebook? You may want to consider the FAQ stuck at the top of this forum and post back. That would help us flesh things out. You've been a bit sparse with the the details. Good luck and welcome to NBR.

3. adam berger

adam berger Newbie

Reputations:
    TART COPY
    ==========

General Questions

1) What is your budget? 300.00

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
    a. Ultraportable; 10" - 12" screen
    c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen <--------
    d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen <-------
    e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
    3) Which country will you buying this notebook? USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? NO
    a. Like:
    b. Dislike:
    5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? NO

6) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Surfing

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Stationary

8) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?) NO

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? N/A

10) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I would IF its the same as my Chrome 2 with Vivid display. Full HD 1080p

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. Chrome

Screen Specifics

12) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? (See further below for explanations.) 1080p

13) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? (See further below for explanations.)

Build Quality and Design

14) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? Somewhat

Notebook Components This computer that I currently have is perfect for me. I just don't know who makes it the same way. Toshiba Chromebook 2 with Full HD 1080p

4. Mastermind5200

Mastermind5200 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Acer Aspire 3

5. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Chromebooks tend to hang out in the budget end of the segment, so I think you're going to find Chromebooks with very good screens to be the exception rather than the rule. If you're present Chromebook meets your needs, why worry about it? Given that you're on a limited budget I think you're going to find a lot more selection with a used business class notebooks. I bought a Dell Latitude e7440. It had a nice FHD PS screen. There's lot of other Dell business notebooks that will get you a FHD LCD. ThinkPads would be another option. If it just sits on your desk, a used desktop with nice IPS LCD might be another way to go.

6. adam berger

adam berger Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for your input. I need to replace my current due to the middle letter keys are not responsive . I have to use a pop up keyboard.

7. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The acer chrome book has a good screen. But it will be above your price point. Hmmm. I will have to do some looking. What about another toshiba off eBay.

8. adam berger

adam berger Newbie

Reputations:
    I would prefer a new one as opposed to a refurbished or used one. Have you had any experience with a refurbished?

9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have bought various items refurbished with great luck. With your budget I don’t think you are going to get a comparable machine. The toshiba was a gem. Ever think about replacing the keyboard in it?

10. adam berger

adam berger Newbie

Reputations:
    I only hope that replacing the keyboard would fix the problem. I would probably have to wait for this crisis to bowl over in order to get geeksquad or the sort to do it.