2015 Mustang, [takei]oh myyyyyyy[/takei]

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Mitlov, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    Mean look??? I don't see how that boxy, plain front and rear is anything near "mean" or "good looking". The only model that would fit that description was the SC'd Cobra with the revised front fascia and (huge) hood buldge.

If anything, this new Mustang is the meanest looking model in forever. They just decided to add finesse in their execution, this time. This new model is so much more dynamic in so many different ways.
    Horrible analogy because that is not even close to reality.

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    This is sleek:

[​IMG]

This is not:

[​IMG]

Nor is this:

[​IMG]

"Sleek" and "muscle/pony car" don't have to be mutually exclusive, and in the Mustang's case, often were not. The classic Mustang was very sleek compared to other classic offerings. Likewise, I think the 2015 Mustang is very sleek compared to a Challenger RT, but not in such a way that I wouldn't still call it a pony car.

houstoned likes this.
  3. houstoned

Reputations:
    food for thought: the Mustang was always known as the "underdog" in the Muscle/Pony-car wars because of the small block that the platform was based around. the other guys were throwing big 6.0-7.0+ liter engines in their cars. it always made up for the lack of power by being the lighter, sleeker, more nimble car compared to the other land yachts.

Mitlov likes this.
  4. KPot2004

KPot2004 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I like it a lot.. I think the "retro" styling era is over, and I couldn't be more happy. The Camaro was styled to look like a 1969 Camaro and the Mustang like a vintage Mustang.. Or come up with a new design.

http://youtu.be/8nefU4Z6xWM

houstoned likes this.
  5. J.Dre

J.Dre Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Sounds great. I like what they did with the interior. I'm still not a fan of the rear end, but it may grow on me...

6. houstoned

Reputations:
    i'll take a wild guess and say that alot of Americans will find the rear weird because of that lower middle reverse light. i think most other places in the world utilize this design except us.

an aftermarket diffuser would look sick on that rear or just simply painting the stock one black.

7. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    I don't find the lower middle reverse light weird. But then again, I drove many a truck with the backup light like that.

I still don't like the rear end in general. Looks like a bucktoothed oakie from a distance.

8. AmazingGracePlayer

AmazingGracePlayer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I don't hate the new Mustang for what it looks like, I hate it for what it does not look like. This has got to be the dullest looking one amongst its competitors. It just looks like a two-door Fusion.

9. radji

radji Farewell, Solenya...

Reputations:
    Sorry, but this has to be done. :D

[​IMG]

katalin_2003 likes this.
  10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Fix or replace daily.

Jokes aside, I'm actually fairly impressed with the newer models. Older ones, not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.