2014 Razer Blade 14 Ship Date thread

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Porter, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    They won't sue. "You copied my plain rectangular design"? That has the potential to cost them a million to sue and potentially make only hundreds of thousands. Not to mentions it would hurt Apple's rep even more to sue over something as lame as that. Razer is no threat to them at all.

2. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Exactly. The Samsung suit has the possibility of netting them millions. And as for the cafe suit, I'm sure the cafe would just bend over and change their design, Apple doesn't have to be concerned about ponying up significant legal fees to win the case. Now suing Razer has the possibility of being costly AND not resulting in much return, which is why they don't do it. To assume that Apple sues everyone who copies them is just idiotic. When you're suing people, you only sue those you expect to make significant profit from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. twistedspace

twistedspace Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i would bet the second batch is shipping tomorrow even without the 512s

4. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well my 128GB just gets here tomorrow, haha. Stupid free shipping

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Will you be the first to give us the detailed review we've all been waiting for? :) I think all the current owners are too busy enjoying theirs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bladebambach likes this.
  6. charliemike

charliemike Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think, at this point, it's safe to say that the 512's will not be shipped until sometime after 5/9/14. I'm beginning to think that Razer opted to process all the 128 & 256 pre-orders before the 512's. After a month long delay, I don't see how this is a resource issue anymore.

7. twistedspace

twistedspace Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    if i could get my 512 in any reasonable amount of time i will do a full review and teardown.

8. Porter

Porter Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Mine gets here today! But I have a date right after work, and I'm sure I wont get home late, then work tomorrow... I have 1300 hrs of leave, maybe I should be "sick" tomorrow. hehe

9. mike.lwrnc

mike.lwrnc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Mine's out for delivery. Wish those trucks had gps for a live-updating map... Because I'm certainly not getting any work done until it arrives (and for several hours after) otherwise :Op

10. YodaGoneMad

YodaGoneMad Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    At this point the delays for the 512GB are stupid. It is their most profitable model, their high-end customers, and they are totally bungling the experience.

Why is it so hard to pick a real date and hit it? Why do this extremely frustrating one week at a time delay BS? It is just extremely infuriating, especially as lower models are now being delivered and I am probably a good 3 weeks from seeing my laptop. Or more likely I will wait another 2 weeks and they will bump it again. Inevitably they will wait to ship until the worst possible time when I will be out of town or something.

Has anyone had luck getting a shipping speed upgrade?

JeffAW and bladebambach like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.