2014 Razer Blade 14 Ship Date thread

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Porter, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the3rdm

the3rdm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Chrome looks super tiny. I had to turn off the scaling for hig DPI to get it to look crisp...but then it loads chrome and it is small as heck. At least I can scale up the font size by default.

Any ideas on how to make Chrome look "normal" with with a large monitor like this?

[​IMG]

2. jpl20

jpl20 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I was thinking the same thing - I don't have mine yet, not due to ship until the 30th, but if you do decide to open yours would you mind posting whether or not they use thermal paste, pad, etc and if you notice an improvement with AS5?

3. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Honestly, I'd try running it in Windows 8 mode (should be under the triple _ settings options). That's what I had to do on my Q584, and it seemed to scale better, as it runs as if it was a "Mondern UI" app. It also lets you use all the touch functionality modern UI provides, like swiping to other apps, desktop, etc.

Other then that, I know Chrome has an exhaustive settings list you can modify. Your best bet would be to Google what to do...

4. Automattic

Automattic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The screen is amazing! Compared to the 2013 model. It also feels cooler on the base. although Its noticeably thicker than the last model. Looks like its because of the thicker screen and touch sensor. Still very thin none the less. Hopefully I can do some game tests before I catch my plane..

Anyone have any ideas how to transfer the razer image over to my 500gb drive?

5. Automattic

Automattic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is an experimental option in chrome to make it scale better at high res. It makes it glitch out sometimes. Cant remember what its called off hand.

6. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I've always used Macrium Reflect. It's free, easy to use, touch enabled and Windows PE. You can backup all partitions to an external drive as an image or just clone it to a drive(imaging would be better in your case). Make sure to do an exact copy instead of sector by sector(I forget the exact verbiage but it's in options). Shutdown, replace drive, reboot into Windows PE and restore your image. Then use a partition editor to resize the main partition(I personally use gparted). That will take some time though since it has to literally move the last two partitions before enlarging the main one.

7. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just ordered, says release date is 5/23. Now we wait. :)

IKAS V and Hookerlips like this.
  8. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Which model did you go with?

9. rezar_edalb

rezar_edalb Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From Razer Store or Amazon? Which size?

10. mike.lwrnc

mike.lwrnc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Canadian here. In my fedex tracking info, I see that my 128GB (free shipping option) started in Canada (Ontario) on April 23, but was shipped to Texas for some reason and is now back in Canada (Quebec) where it is awaiting customs clearance again (presuming it was cleared before it arrived in Ontario in the first place). Weird :O\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.