2014 Razer Blade 14 Ship Date thread

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Porter, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMaster7

GMaster7 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It's more that I wanted to be able to just walk into the Microsoft store and get help.

But hey, Razer actually has the 128 GB model in stock right now, so I just ordered online!

Edit: It said limited supply and the "Buy" option is no longer there, so... Maybe I got the last one?

2. cearka

cearka Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just did a RMA with razer (for just the power plug, not the whole laptop). All in all though it only took 4 days to get an exchange, with the only delay being that they seem to operate through email only.

microsoft took me 3 days to initiate an exchange, 8 days to find out that the exchange failed because they went out of stock, 3 days to escalate the issue to someone who could change the exchange status to a refund, a day to initiate the refund process, 12 days to tell me that the refund needed to be escalated to another department, and then another 2 days to initiate the actual refund. I'm still waiting on the refund, which supposedly I should get in the next 5-7 business days.

Br0fist likes this.
  3. skrufflepunk

skrufflepunk Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    dont get the 128, i regret buying it, i should of gone with the 228, cause after it installs everything your only left with 70 gbs.

Br0fist likes this.
  4. GMaster7

Reputations:
    I'm okay with that, actually. I like to keep a really lean hard drive and keep all of my files on an external drive and in the cloud. As far as games, I try to only have a few large games on my HD at once. I've been working with an 80 GB SSD for the past five years, so I'm actually thrilled to bump up to 128 GB. 70 GB usable is a lot more than what I have right now, and I only ever wish I had maybe 20-30 GB more.

Finally got the email confirming my order - really excited.

5. RZB

RZB Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, new to commenting but I have been following this thread for a few months now.

My question is, has anyone seen this bad boy on retail?
    If not when will it be available?

6. GMaster7

Reputations:
    Microsoft has retail exclusivity for now, so you can check it out in-person or purchase one at a Microsoft Store. I think that's it. They carry the 256 and 512 GB models, and it seems like stores get a handful in every few weeks, but if you ask one of the associates, they can actually check their system to see when they'll be receiving their next batch.

7. akboarder95

akboarder95 Newbie

Reputations:
    After waiting about a month for amazon to start shipping i got fed up and decided to try the microsoft store. I bought the 512 gb version and got next day shipping. I ordered friday and my blade is going to be here today!

Can't wait to test it out and probably go on the owners lounge forum to talk about some questions that i could never get a clear answer about from reading reviews.

mturkel99 likes this.
  8. wriazati

wriazati Newbie

Reputations:
    The Blade14 256GB version is in stock at the microsoft store.

In CA the final price of the 256GB blade is $2590 however after applying student/graduation discounts my price dropped to $2235.

In other words. Buy from them and save ~360 bucks. The guy even threw in free 2 day shipping for free.

Best of luck!

9. RyushiX

RyushiX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just got my blade delivered from the microsoft store.

However, it looks like there is a small dent/chip in the screen behind the glass itself so it looks like i'll have to return it for a new one.. kinda sucks. Was pretty excited when it came in but I cant really focus on anything but the dent! They aren't dead pixels either, it's an actual dent or imprint in it. =/

It also looks like there is a tiny little spec of dirt/dust in it where the dent is.

10. spacemonkeydr

spacemonkeydr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bummer, happened to me too, hopefully you didn't get the one I returned....I'm always suspicious about things like that haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.