2014 Razer Blade 14 Ship Date thread

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Porter, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qinxian

qinxian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Due to overwhelming demand, the shipment of your order that was placed on 3/12/2014 has been rescheduled to 5/16/2014... ugh

2. Jp904

Jp904 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I find it incredibly interesting that so many people who ordered on March 12 still haven't gotten theirs yet, and it seems like now those who ordered leading up to March 21 have received theirs.

Really starting to wonder about Razers competence.

I also got the 5/21 email, but I'm really starting to guess that it's going to be more along the lines of 6/7-6/14.

3. hfm

hfm Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    My guess is they are getting a large shipment of 512s on ~5/21. They originally said 5/23 so it's about right.

Bottom line is i'm not going to settle for a different competing unit just to get something a little sooner. I wanted the Blade 14 so I'll wait. I won't care about this in July, I'll have long had it and been using it. That's a snap of the fingers in the grand scheme of things.

4. twistedspace

twistedspace Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    they are going to develop and ship the first razer blade (2015) before i get this one.

5. TJCacher

TJCacher Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    LOL - I can see it now:

Email 1: "Due to overwhelming demand, all remaining pre-orders of the Razer Blade 2014 have been automatically upgraded to a Razer Blade 2015 at no extra cost."

Followed a day later by:

Email 2: "Due to overwhelming demand, your order for the Razer Blade 2015 is on backorder. We will notify you as quickly as possible when we have more information."

JeffAW and Dyspareunia like this.
  6. trojanma

trojanma Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The fact that they are stratifying the dates. 5/12, 5/16, 5/21 is a very good sign. It suggests an actual timetable. Clearly the delays in some folks is a model specific issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

7. Sickbeard

Sickbeard Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've sort of been hoping the same thing, but the page doesn't even exist anymore, or at least it doesn't list the blade anymore.

8. IceStorm

IceStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My 512GB was pushed to 5/12. Ordered confirmation e-mail was received at 1:32pm EST on 3/12.

9. dos101

dos101 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ordered my 512GB on March 12, 2014 1:34:30 PM CDT and got the email that's it's been pushed back to 5/12. I don't even care anymore when I get it, my respect for Razer has been lowered because of this experience. Give me a firm f***ing date, no matter how far off it is, and ship it! None of this backorder email crap!

10. tjmaxwell

tjmaxwell Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but I was on Razer's site about 10 minutes ago and it said that there was "limited stock available" of the 256GB model. I added it to my cart and it said "in stock" on the cart page. I've had one pre-ordered at Amazon since early April, but I decided to pull the trigger on this if it really was in stock. I got an order confirmation email that says they are reviewing the order. I looked again on their site and the pre-order message was back (3-4 weeks). When you add it to the cart, it says backorder. I'm thinking I probably missed out on the "limited quantity" they had in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.