2014 Razer Blade 14 Ship Date thread

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Porter, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I almost never order straight from the manufacturer. Typically manufacturers botch launches when it's not their cup of tea. Remember watching Google try it over and over with their Nexus devices? This is why many companies(MSI, Asus, Acer, etc.) rely on selling their goods through resellers. They just aren't equipped to deal with large influxes of demand and lack proper support for it. Heck, when you call Razer, you're talking to tech support, not order support. Sometimes outsourcing makes more sense.

Edit: Another thing to consider is Razer probably had some sort of agreement with MS to supply some units ahead of their own backorder log. Could have something to do with licensing the software at a better price in return for X units. Who knows? I do know that MS likes having every possible touchscreen laptop on their store to support Windows 8 takeover.

2. Jp904

Jp904 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm very curious to see who's received their Blade and when/what they ordered. It seems like they've yet to reach the second week's orders yet. Which doesn't bode very well for anyone ordering further out from mid-March.

I understand that it's not customer service's fault, specifically. However, with such an expensive product, they should really consider getting better information for it. Every week, they guarantee you 100% that it's shipping, even when you call the day of/day before. I can only assume they're looking at the same "will ship after the release date of X" message that we can all see if we go to place a new one in a cart. I don't think they have a magical chart of when what orders ship when, or even a clue more than what we have.

I'm starting to wonder if I will even receive mine before I go back out traveling again in early June.

3. laptopwillnevercome

laptopwillnevercome Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cancelled my Razer order! I have a UPS tracking number from Microsoft!!! WOOT. It should get here this week. :D

eric335 likes this.
  4. YodaGoneMad

YodaGoneMad Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I am with you, I have been waiting nearly 2 months for my 512GB from Razer, they have told me a date and changed it like 6 times. I am perfectly happy to bail on them.

Razer is having a launch event at the Microsoft store on Friday. They likely had to provide some units ahead of that event and the product page went live early. They decided to fulfill the orders that got through and a few of us got lucky.

5. tennis999

tennis999 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As you clearly are one of the first to order...are they compensating you in any way? Getting overnight shipping for free, giving you more than just a voucher for the mouse? Its kind of crazy that they are delaying it more than a month past their expected release date of the 4th.

6. eric335

eric335 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got a shipping confirmation from MS earlier today as well. Should be here soon! I apologize to everyone who went the pre-order route and are now waiting longer than some random person who ordered yesterday. I was in that pre-order line for only a week before I jumped ship and got lucky with MS. Your early support of their product has backfired and I see this harming Razer in the future... it's bad business to offend your most staunch supporters.

However, I will give Razer a nod in one department: their customer service when contacting their Blade/gaming system hotline (US: 855-872-5233). MS's customer service is a comical circus of pre-written speeches, grammatically incorrect replies, and frustrating jockeying between advisors. The guy I called at Razer with the above number was extremely helpful, nice, and even admitted that switching to MS's store for the education discount was a much better idea. Truthfully redeemed my trust in Razer CS.

mturkel99 likes this.
  7. spacemonkeydr

spacemonkeydr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    With every shipping confirmation I see from people that ordered from MS, my contempt for Razer increases haha.

eric335 likes this.
  8. bladebambach

bladebambach Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    256 3/17.. mine shipped Tuesday

9. Soggygravy

Soggygravy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Finally got my razer 256gb today from razer ordered March 22

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. spacemonkeydr

spacemonkeydr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmmm, see I ordered the same thing on March 20. You're like the 10th confirmed person to receive their computer ahead of people that ordered before you, good for you:thumbsup:. I live in San Francisco, which is pretty close to their shipping center, so I have no clue anymore as to discovering any method to Razer's madness. Well, only that they must be using a dartboard to determine shipping order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.