2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So i decided to take a break and fix some issues by using the windows reset feature. I hoped for a clean install but this took 4-5 hours and I now have all the bloatware this laptop used to come with :(. I recommend the 'refresh' feature since it keeps your files, restores less bloat and is way faster.

2. zooster

zooster Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I suggest to you to buy a ssd and proceed with a fresh install.

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    OMG that's my fault!

In my last response to you, I MEANT to suggest you try the Refresh feature -- and said so in the text; but I incorrectly highlighted the Remove everything and reinstall Windows function in the screenshot (instead of Refresh your PC without affecting your files just above). If I hadn't included that screenshot (or made it with my eyes open) all would've been fine.

I am terribly sorry, pranktank. Of course I'll correct that post right away and include a corrected screenshot. But you already wasted valuable time on this mistake. I apologize :eek:

4. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I will but I need to save a bit first. SSD's aren't cheap. Definitely not in the 500gb range. :D

5. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No problem at all :). No worries. As I said I'm studying so I didn't need the computer while it was doing the reset. I made a backup because I knew I was going to lose my files. It did solve the issues I had and my disk usage seems much lower now.

It's not your fault at all. :) I first did the refresh thing like you suggested but I decided to try a full disk wipe because I wanted to start clean. So I did the reset feature directly after it. For now I only uninstalled a bit of bloatware which only took a few minutes and I installed some school programs. I already have everything I need the next month installed again. I did not lose any valuable time at all. :)

6. Neizvestno

Neizvestno Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  7. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    But note that the list does not currently include the 15.8 driver that was released less than two weeks ago and then disappeared less than two week ago. That's the version which, for me, provided noticeable performance improvements.

John

8. nolo2013

nolo2013 Newbie

Reputations:
    @pranktank

crashing @ your clocks shouldnt be the cause of your psu.
    its just your graphics chip which cant take more without overvolting.
    My clocks are only 5 MHz higher than yours, that doesnt really matter because it may be only 1 percentage more performance, which doesnt count...
    Tomb Raider is working totally nice at almost everything at ultra settings.
    Just disable TressFX for Hair and Tesselation and it rund mostly at 30-40 frames at FullHD.
    Nice gaming Laptop

9. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It's a great gaming laptop. Very pleased with it. Playing BF3 maxed out except for msaa at 1080p at 40fps is awesome!

I'm just a bit jealous of your 4000+ 3Dmark score :D I can't get over 3900. Thanks for the info.

10. zooster

zooster Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you set max performance (not just optimized performance) when on psu in ati powerplay settings?