2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. faeterov

faeterov Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did you also install de brigthness fix from samsung update, besides changing featuretestcontrol?

Dannemand likes this.
  2. thirdeyechai

thirdeyechai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had installed the brightness fix from Samsung. With a little more fiddling I've managed to get it working again. This time I've create a restore point and hopefully have learned my lesson!

Dannemand likes this.
  3. jawatkins95

jawatkins95 Newbie

Reputations:
    So I'm doing some work to refresh my 880Z laptop. I purchased a keyboard/upper bezel assembly and a no-name battery to try and squeeze a little more life out of this thing. I have a few little issues with mine; namely that the touchscreen is broken and I have a selectively unresponsive keyboard. Also, as typical the battery dies in about 45 mins to an hour of light web use.

I'm currently running on Windows 8.1 with stable drivers and working brightness. I would like to be able to update to Win10 for software compatibility, but have had the typical issues with that update in the past.

What is the state of the union of Windows 10 with switchable AMD graphics on these machines? Is it worth futzing with all of the hacked drivers and what-not or should I just stick with Win8.1?