2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. har3inger

har3inger Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A common problem with this laptop is random framedrops (possibly throttling?) that is fixed by unplugging and replugging the laptop. Does there seem to be a setting in the BIOS that could fix this behavior?

Also, good job on unlocking the bios!

2. goibhniu

goibhniu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I've had it open on a couple of occasions to install the SSD, then put the old HDD back in because the image didn't take right, then put the SSD back in. Once you've done it the first time it's a lot easier to open on subsequent occasions because you know how much pressure you can apply. At any rate, once the bottom panel is removed it seems that the system board and pretty much all of the internals are in between you and the keyboard. How much of that has to be disconnected and removed to get the keyboard out?

3. Twistx77

Twistx77 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Semuel,

If I use the ISO downloaded by that tool and install it in my ATIV Book 8 ,will it recognize the Windows 8 key that comes with the PC?

Thank you,

4. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    You can run this program to find your key before you try reinstalling Windows. It's useful to have in case Windows doesn't find the Win 8 key embedded in the computer.

John

5. kawaiisprinkles

kawaiisprinkles Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I've got a Samsung 870Z5G running Windows 8.1. I'm having problems using a custom ICC profile. I install it and set it as my default but it doesn't seem to be doing anything to my screen. I have two thoughts as to why this might be, but I'm not sure:

1. I have the Intel Graphics HD Control Panel. Is that stopping my ICC profile from working? If so, how do I stop that from happening? When I change the colours in this program, they do change.
    2. In the Colour Management section, it refers to my screen as "Generic PnP Monitor". (It also doesn't recognise my NVIDIA graphics card at all. Only my Intel one.)

Any thoughts as to what I can do? I called Geek Squad but they basically told me that they couldn't do anything and sent me packing.

6. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    First, what display setting are you using in Samsung's Settings program? This needs to be the equivalent of nothing special (I can't remember what's on the list).

Sometimes there can be a challenge in making a user-defined display profile stay permanent. Start by looking at what Intel advise. There is plenty of discussion of the problem including on this site (here for example).

John

7. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Those Win8.1 ISOs downloaded from Microsoft may not pick up your embedded Win8 Product Key nor accept it when entered during Windows Setup. But you should be able to clean install 8.1 by entering a temporary Product Key during Windows Setup, then change the Product Key to your Win8 Key after installation, and only THEN Activate Windows. This guide in our Windows forum describes the process. You can change the Product Key EITHER using the slmgr command OR through Charms - Settings - PC settings - PC & Devices - PC Info.

Of course you need to first extract your Win8 OEM key as described by John.

8. Semuel

Semuel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    All that procedure is written up, step by step on first page of this topic. It works and all questions are covered, except, where to get iso, that I covered, assemble all that knowledge, and don't be lazzy.:D
    And say thanx to folks what did that write up in first page.

Dannemand likes this.
  9. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    That is very true. I forgot about member Obyboby's excellent guide in this post, which is also copied in the OP.

10. Cryxalis

Cryxalis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys!
    I recently discovered this forum.and I guess this would probably be the best place to get help regarding this laptop.

I've run into a performance problem with my 770Z5E. I recently installed Windows 8.1 and with that the newest AMD drivers (14.11 Beta). I also have the newest Intel drivers. After that, my FPS in games is 30-35 max. I've installed the fix that is in the first post of this thread and no luck. In CS:GO I do get my FPS up to about 80-100 when i unplug and plug the computer back in, but the game I mainly play, which is League of Legends, just sits at 30 FPS. Unplugging and plugging it back in slightly increases the FPS to ~50 and after a couple of seconds it just drops back down to 30.

Willing to try just about anything that could fix this issue. :)

E: Also, recently discovered this aswell.
    5f5e969d8dacbef5ad2bf4380e2abee9.png