2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Oh, I see. When linking that thread, I wasn't thinking of retention (having seen your pics) but of the DIY replacement process. Good thing you still have warranty so Samsung will take care of it.

If you installed an SSD, you probably want to swap in the original HDD before you send it in, just to make sure Samsung won't say you voided your warranty. In any case make sure you backup your data and wipe anything sensitive before sending it in.

2. pubbypaws

pubbypaws Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    hmm.. has anyone updated latest AMD Drivers & Intel ones.. After spending 2+ hours, i managed to get both installed and working correctly, but with a flaw.. no matter what i did the brightness would break, and i could not get any control of the brightness unless uninstalled Intel 4000 drivers. Now, i went back to swupdate default graphics drivers, and i still cannot get Windows brightness to function at all. I could of swore there was a Windows 8.1 brightness patch more than 8 months ago, but that is no where to be found..

This will probably be my first and last samsung laptop, and last notebook with AMD graphics. I might even sell this and look for a nvidia maxwell based ultrabook and take the loss. I just cant understand how its been over 2 years and still no official driver support.

Has anyone been successful downgrading to WIndows 7 and was there any issues with the same drivers?

3. stevester

stevester Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as brightness control you can download the patch here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...tness-patch-program-stand-alone-download.html

And yes I am running the latest intel and amd drivers. To install the latest intel drivers without error follow my tutorial I posted here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/sam...780z5e-np870z5e-np880z5e-519.html#post9827425

Amd driver installation is very straighforward, just install the intel drivers first. Hope that helps!

4. sadkloun

sadkloun Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Many many many attemptes. Clear system, first ATI, second Intel, first Intel, second ATI etc etc etc.... Brightness patch sometime work, till third or next reboot. If you will decide to update IntelME - you video become work with mistakes. First - brightness control will die. Second - switchable graphics became not switchable. Very poor support from samsung. Only oem drivers work. All other as lucky. Notebook for dummy. Buy and dont touch.

5. Semuel

Semuel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Little update about my pic, thats how looks dead matrix. Waiting warranty service to change.

6. Tharr

Tharr Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the guide, stevester! You wrote to install the Intel driver first, so when I want to update my Intel driver now, should I uninstall the AMD, install latest Intel then install AMD again!? I'll have to figure out where to get my AMD's version again, I remember trying four or five different ones until I got this one ...

7. Semuel

Semuel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For those who wonder where to get win8.1 instalation : Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help
    This tool download instalation to pc and save as iso or on usb. I have spend lots of time trying to find instalation from reliable source to make clean genuine install.

8. hours

hours Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, does anyone know where I can find a guide/video for the series 7 NP780z5e to do a screen replacement? I've been looking and all I've found is the guide/videos for the older series 7. I think my screen's connection is loose because I have a section of the screen that is all black but when I tilt the screen or put pressure on the glass at the base of the screen, that part of the screen is restored until I let go. I would like to find out how hard it is to fix myself. Thanks!

9. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you are in the USA you can buy the service manual.

The manual might provide gaidance about what this part is and how it fits. Many of the newer displays use glued bezels because they are too thin for screws.

John

10. Obyboby

Obyboby Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Guys, I need to swap my desktop and laptop's SSD as I would like the 512 GB in my desktop and the 256 GB in the laptop.
    The 512 GB, which is currently installed in the laptop, has those precious recovery partitions included. I would like to make sure that they are transfered into the 256GB that I will use. How can I do that?