2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Silly me, I forgot you have full size VGA port on this model, so you don't need the mini-VGA adapter. Just forget I mentioned that :eek:

But when you try with that VGA-to-HDMI adapter, you will probably still find it blurry compared to the all-digital HDMI port. The higher the resolution, the blurrier.

USB Display adapters do require drivers, but display quality will be better (same as HDMI). Only you can decide if the difference is worth it.

2. faeterov

faeterov Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Also the monitors have RGB conector, and also the classic/old RCA conector. Do you have any comments on those? I'm a little reluctant to spend more money in an active VGA to HDMI converter...

3. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Assuming you mean either BNC connectors (usually five, with separate horizontal and vertical sync) or RGB component (three connectors) those can indeed be used with VGA output and a straight cable (no adapter or converter required). And they will provide a slightly better signal than simple VGA. But it's still analog, which means you can expect some blurriness on high resolutions.

I suggest you borrow that VGA-to-HDMI converter you mentioned so you can try it out. And if you ask around, somebody is bound to have an old BNC or VGA component cable in a box in their attic, so you can try that too and compare the results.

4. stxfreak

stxfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anybody tried if 14.6 is working correctly now?

edit: or even 14.7?

5. pranktank

pranktank Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    14.6 is really not recommended, doesn't work well with cryengine games and other various bugs. I'll test 14.7 tonight, but since it's just the rc version of 14.6 beta I'm not expecting much

update:

AMD 14.7 rc now comes with a FREE wallhack and 50% less fps

[​IMG]

How dare AMD call this a release candidate?

6. Semuel

Semuel Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Have anybody find digital river 8.1 download link?

7. Obyboby

Obyboby Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Cool, but I'll probably wait for the next drivers update which should include aimbot as well :D

I have recently installed this package "14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql" hoping that it would fix my laptop's random freezing, but it didn't :(

I've started working 15 minutes ago and it has already freezed twice!! It's getting even worse. I don't even know how to investigate the problem.. It always happens while using AutoCAD. It can work fleuntly with no issues for days, and then bam, it will randomly freeze from time to time and I can only fix it by forcing a restart with the power button. OMG, this is so annoying

edit: I've just noticed that some AMD drivers are available through Windows Update, released on 23/07/2014. Has anyone tried them yet?

[​IMG]

Googling around doesn't clear up much, someone says not to update display drivers from Windows Update, some others say that this WDDM 1.3 is newer than 14.4 and updating is safe... Well, let's see if anyone here has something to say :p

pranktank likes this.
  8. yosmithy

yosmithy Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I have some stupid questions for you.

I have updated my drivers to 14.4 and under device manager it shows I have a R9 card. Has anyone else seen this? I reverted back to the official drivers and it now shows 8800m. I thought it used to say 8870m. Can anyone with the 8870m GPU check for me what they have listed in device manager.

Thanks.

9. Obyboby

Obyboby Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i have an 8870m and have upgraded to 14.4 too. Same situation, card is now recognized as an R9 M270X while before it was shown as 8800m series. Nothing to worry about :D

10. yosmithy

yosmithy Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Obyboby, I thought as much but I couldn't remember what it used to say. I will try the 14.4 drivers again.