2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Stow

Stow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did a little research; I believe the part number is BA81-18324A. Am I going to have to take the cover off to replace this part? Can someone with an attached flap figure that out. Or someone who happens to have their case apart.

Thanks..

2. erdingerchamp66

erdingerchamp66 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All,

I've recently encountered a problem that I don't believe has been discussed yet.

For some reason, my sound will cut out and I'll have to restart the laptop to get it back on. This has been going on for the last three or four days or so.

I've checked and I'm up to date on my drivers according to SW update. I'm running Windows 8 using the Best Buy model of this laptop. It's just about a year old now. It's completely stock, save the 840 EVO SSD I installed shortly after buying it.

Any thoughts on tests I can run to figure this out? Or perhaps has this been discussed and my simply forum search didn't pull up the right thread?

Any help is much appreciated.

3. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When does it happen? I had this problem myself, and it turned out that the cause was a Windows Update (KB2962407). Uninstalling it solved the problem.

45320d1403034472-windows-8-audio-suddenly-not-working-winup.png

Dannemand and erdingerchamp66 like this.
  4. Largo62

Largo62 Newbie

Reputations:
    Same problem for me , your solution is working very well !
    thanks a lot guy !

alfling likes this.
  5. Obyboby

Obyboby Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  6. erdingerchamp66

erdingerchamp66 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your quick reply.

It's only been happening for a few days, not exactly sure when I first noticed it. I checked and that was the most recent windows update installed, on 11 July, so the timing would appear to match pretty well. I've uninstalled it and we shall see. Unfortunately, it was never an every time sort of thing, so I won't know for a bit if it actually worked. Since I'm at work, I'm not going to bother cycling the power on and off a bunch of time to be sure. I should know by this evening though as it happens at least once a day.

Fingers-crossed!

7. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah, don't spend too much time trying to reproduce it, It was quite random for me too...

8. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI folks i got any problems

for reasons, my notebook had problems for getting the window 8.1 update (nothing happened when i click the app store, and even wsreset.exe wont help).

So I am considering formatting/refresh/reset my notebook.

However, it came to me there are two options for doing that.

1st, The Microsoft traditional way for formatting the notebook

2nd, Samsung's Recovery program to the state when i first bought the notebook.

let me know

Merged

Also, I was trying to go to my pc setting, but this thing popped up.

Anyone of you know how to fix it so i could go to pc setting again.

The dialog error msg was in chinese but u could understanding the coding.

Untitled.png

9. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Assuming you are knowledgeable on the subject of UEFI and GPT (otherwise start here) you can definitely format and clean install. There are some gotchas and precautions (see here). Follow member Obyboby's excellent guide, which is copied in the opening post of this thread.

Otherwise, using Samsung Recovery Solution (F4) to perform a factory restore, is a safe way to get back to a working computer, then try the update again. You want to study our Win8.1 update thread, including the opening post and scanning the last 10 pages or so.

Member alfling recently reported how he was unable to get Brightness adjustment to work despite much effort, until he performed a clean install (see here).

Don't worry about that if you are going to do a clean install: Whatever problems you have now will be gone, and you will have fresh new problems to work on ;)

Otherwise I suggest uninstalling Settings (using Programs and Features control panel), reboot, then re-installing Settings, then reboot and login TWICE (seriously), each time giving it a few minutes to complete background installations. See this post for tips on finding the latest version of Settings and what to do after you re-install it.

10. mousefai

mousefai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Formatting/Refreshing is the least I would do since I need to backup almost everything.

But I really appreciate all your typing.

Maybe I will refresh when I aint too busy with work.