2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Tum

Tum Newbie

Reputations:
    Kingston KVR16S11/8 work for me

Dannemand likes this.
  2. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!
    I've had a weird problem for about a week, and I can't figure out the cause nor a solution. Sometimes, it happens that after a shutdown, when I boot again I can't hear any sound from the notebook, even if I bring the volume to 100; even if I plug some headphones I can't hear any sound. Then, if I reboot the sounds work again.
    Seeing that rebooting solved the problem, I disabled the "Fast Startup" in "Power Options --> Choose what the power buttons do", thinking that maybe something in the hybrid shutdown wasn't working properly, but I've just had the problem again even with a full shutdown.
    What would you do to fix this?

3. stxfreak

stxfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey, installed the 14.6 b and ithink it really increases fps, but sadly for dota 2 and hearthstone etc. its just missing textures in the game (i.e. hero models). anyone noticed that, or is it just me? greetz

4. rgui

rgui Newbie

Reputations:
    I've reported that already here, It happens to me in FIFA 14 and The Wolf Among Us. Same problem as you, missing textures :\ I reverted o 14.4.

5. stxfreak

stxfreak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, sorry for that ;). I also reverted back to 14.4 but cant wait to get a running 14.6, it really seems to increase performance

6. Tony DeLuce

Tony DeLuce Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks - have an open ticket with them but no straight answer yet. Are you running Windows 8.1 update?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

7. oidualc123

oidualc123 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I Had the same problem, uninstall this update:

http://www.eightforums.com/attachme...indows-8-audio-suddenly-not-working-winup.png

that should work

alfling and Dannemand like this.
  8. alfling

alfling Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  9. Debiel420

Debiel420 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I've had the Samsung 7 Chronos 17 inch version ( 770Z7E i think, same as 770Z5E but larger screen, don't know if that matters much) for about a year now, and I've been noticing heating problems when playing any game, even games that aren't really gpu intensive (Dota 2 mostly).
    The first 20 seconds are allright, then the fps drops hugely and my GPU temp skyrockets to 90-98 degrees Celsius. I haven't had this issue before and it's been occurring the last month.
    Anyone else having trouble with this? And any ideas on how to fix this? I haven't found any people in this thread with temperature problems, neither have I found any on Google.
    I have the stock ati 13.10 drivers installed, about to try the 14.4 whql driver.

10. Stow

Stow Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The little flap on the Ethernet port has broken off. Bad move on my part using the machine on my lap with the Ethernet connected. Put a little too much pressure on the flap.

Even if I took the back off, not sure if I could find a new flap and if I could slip it in. Any suggestions on fixing it? I'd rather not start carrying around a usb 3.0 Ethernet adapter.