2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Interesting. So the box had already been opened! Was it sold as "new", "open-box" or "refurbished"?

I wonder whether the problem had been previously identified but not fixed. In this situation your first line of attach has to be the retailer who may then arrange for the warranty repair.

John

2. Kuya Simon

Kuya Simon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I installed the latest BIOS for my 7705ze (Windows 7) today via SW Update. The bios is now version: P06ABU . Before updating my 3dmark11 score was around 3444, it has now fallen to 3050. I have looked in BIOS and can't see that any performance settings have changed.

Can I still reinstall the older BIOS, if so where do I download and how?

I looked at this guide: http://forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/696197-samsung-laptops-roll-back-bios-updates.html but the links on there are out of date.

3. Kuya Simon

Kuya Simon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Forget my last post, my score is now up to 3466.

4. djpaulito

djpaulito Newbie

Reputations:

ok that ones sorted now,. ive settled for a ppartial refund and bought a decent bluetooth speaker,. that will do me until i get to the bottom of the hardware issue,... thanks for the help,. now regarding graphics drivers,. im currently using the stock SWupdate ones on windows 8,. planning on a 2nd attempt at a working 8.1 machine later today any recommendatioons or the gpu drivers,.? thanks!

5. Goldmund

Goldmund Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've also lost the ability to use my 8GB extra ram. It's a Kingston ValueRam (KVR16S11/8) module. Someone already contacted Samsung with this issue? Would be nice if they fixed this.

Something completely different, did anyone replaced the wifi/bluetooth module for a new Intel Wireless-AC 7260 Plus? I'm planning on doing this in the near future to profit from my new ac router.

6. potato241

potato241 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    555.PNG 555.PNG
    Is this normal score for this laptop?
    444.PNG
    I got this on advanced test

7. ativ8

ativ8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I only have 3DMark11 basic edition, so my options are limited (I can only run the "P" benchmark on 1280x720). The values it gives me are as follows, though:

P3370 with AMD Radeon HD 8870M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3635QM

3370 3DMarks

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

I use the Samsung stock ATI drivers for Win 8.1; OS is Windows 8.1 Update 1. Wonder if WoT will still run smoothly after the 9.0 patch which is scheduled for tomorrow :)

HTH,
    -- Chris.

8. potato241

potato241 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    For P on 1280x720 i got

Graphics Score

Physics Score

Combined Score

Lots of diff on physics score

9. ativ8

ativ8 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

somehow managed to get X (Full HD) mode working, results for that are as follows:

3DMark11 Score: X997
    Graphics Score: 888
    Physics Score: 6099
    Combined Score: 1178

Seems my machine is a little faster overall (in particular, the Physics value is about 600 points higher), but not really significantly, I think. Don't know how the Physics rating is calculated (CPU or GPU?), but I think your system performs quite as it should :) Could be a driver or OS thing; as I said, I use the stock drivers and no tweaks, overclocking or the like. Ran the test on High Performance energy profile, ofc.

HTH,
    -- Chris.

10. potato241

potato241 Notebook Geek

Reputations: