2013 Series 7 chronos / Ativ Book 8 15" owner's lounge (NP770Z5E / NP780Z5E / NP870Z5E / NP880Z5E)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by pranktank, Mar 24, 2013.

1. murdak

murdak Newbie

Reputations:
    Can someone tell me what frame rates do you get in games like: World of Tanks, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and which drivers are you using? Im getting kind of low frame rates. for World of Tanks min/avg/max - 39/50/80 everything turned of and low. GO: 60/74/100, everything turned off and low using 13.25 drivers. Doesnt feel right.

2. Tabinhu

Tabinhu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thats because the pc is using the hd4000
    you cant use anything beyond this driver: AMD_Catalyst_13.10_Mobility_Beta.zip - Solidfiles

Install that and it will fix your problems

3. murdak

murdak Newbie

Reputations:
    Can you confirm that you get higher frame rates in those games?

4. Tabinhu

Tabinhu Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Way more.
    Dude read the first post on the thread. It says which drivers to use.
    The ones u got installed dont have switchable graphics, so it only uses the HD4000, thats why ur frames suck

5. ap11

ap11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Has anyone gotten Windows 8.1 to work on the NP780Z5E? What special steps (if any) did you take to make sure it worked correctly?

6. tfid

tfid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I went to BB to see if the low spot on the bottom was 'normal'. They said to check the display model for any marks. I looked at the display model that showed the feet were worn, but the spot on the bottom like on mine wasn't there. I exchanged it and looked at the new one. It appeared to be flatter. I thought I could see daylight under the bottom when placed on a flat surface, but when I got a better look at it at home, it did indeed touch in the same spot near the vent hole. So I guess this is 'normal' and explains why they didn't use metal on the bottom, and why some report this thing runs hot. The feet on this thing are pretty useless. They are slick and too short to allow the proper about of air to flow to the intake vents for the 2 fans. Also while they are oval shaped, only a thin band across the middle contacts the surface because it is rounded instead of flat. I found some rubber sheet stock with adhesive on the bottom at work. I cut some rectangles and stacked them to get the proper height and stuck them near the existing feet. Problem solved.

7. goibhniu

goibhniu Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have the NP770Z5E-S01UB, and it has the same issue. Just a small bulge area that rubs whatever surface it is on. It hasn't bothered me.

I like your solution. I'm going to see if I can't find something similar myself. I've always wondered if there was enough elevation at the back to provide sufficient airflow under the unit to feed the fans.

8. Piotre22

Piotre22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everybody!

Look what I found:

Samsung ATIV Book 8 870Z5G

39.6 cm (15.6"), 1920 x 1080 non-glare
    Core i7-4702MQ 4x 2.20 GHz (3.20 GHz Turbo), 8 GB RAM, 1.0 TB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2.0 GB

Link (German Store): Samsung ATIV Book 8 870Z5G X01 W8.1 (Art.-Nr. 90539852) - Notebooks / Laptops - computeruniverse

It is the Haswell refresh, nvidia and it seems that it will be availible in black in Germany (until now we only had the silver one here in Germany)...I Think that will be my new notebook :)

Piotre

9. zooster

zooster Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nvidia 750?? CPU newer but slower. What a downgrade..! And it doesn't even have new 3200 panel.
    I would better stick to 8870m more powerful model...

10. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Sorry to steal your thunder, but that model is already being discussed in another thread.

John